Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

3 hours ago, peterms said:

Apparently Snodgrass left because Bilic wouldn't play him in his right position, and he says of his move to Villa

:clap::bang: :crylaugh:

Surely not wide right or behind the striker so he must have brought him here to play wide left, which he didn't like playing? Is this right or a wind up?

6 minutes ago, villarocker said:

:clap::bang: :crylaugh:

Surely not wide right or behind the striker so he must have brought him here to play wide left, which he didn't like playing? Is this right or a wind up?

Well he says he needs to be played wide right, so we'll see if that happens.  His confidence in Bruce's willingness to play him in position is touching.  Lots of people on this site would seem to take a different view.

19 minutes ago, peterms said:

Well he says he needs to be played wide right, so we'll see if that happens.  His confidence in Bruce's willingness to play him in position is touching.  Lots of people on this site would seem to take a different view.

In Bruces interview when asked about him he said "He's a very good player, On the right, on the LEFT, behind the striker" etc.

I instantly remembered Snodgrass' interview. lol. He stressed he does not want to play on the left because it's not his natural position and thats why they didn't see the best of him at West Ham.

I've actually seen a couple West Ham fans questioning why they got rid of him to be fair.

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Seeing as Bruce has successfully managed Snodgrass before then I'd be confident he knows how to use him. 

he was a bit of a flop in Championship for Hull getting just 3 goals ang 6 assists in 30 games and they actually got the best out of him under Phelan 

11 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

I hope we bring in Ryan Kent as well as some last minute brucie bonus's.

In the O'Neill days we always got a last minute "gift" such as super shawn Maloney

moustapha_salifou_473895.jpg 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Seeing as Bruce has successfully managed Snodgrass before then I'd be confident he knows how to use him. 

Well, I'm sure he knows a great deal more than me about the game.

It's putting it into practice that counts, though, I suppose.

Reading on twitter and people still seem to think we will make one more signing. I think the club couldnt have been clearer that there are no funds for players. Maybe a loan at best if we have a few departures. 

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

I'm not even confident he knows what day it is even .

Well I realise that's what happens on VT when a manager falls out of favour. That everyone assumes he's some window licking moron that can't tie his own shoes.

But I try to take the more balanced view that despite the manager not doing well at the moment and me being pretty much on board with wanting him out, he does actually know a thing or two about football.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Well I realise that's what happens on VT when a manager falls out of favour. That everyone assumes he's some window licking moron that can't tie his own shoes.

But I try to take the more balanced view that despite the manager not doing well at the moment and me being pretty much on board with wanting him out, he does actually know a thing or two about football.

Yeah he's like that guy from the Fast Show - jumpers for goalposts.

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The problem with Bruce is he's the old school type of manager and the game is changing - new formations and tactics and modern thinking managers with new bright ideas have come into the game and I'm not sure Bruce has moved with the times .

Edited by Eastie

Just now, Eastie said:

The problem with Bruce is he's the school type of manager and the game is changing - new formations and tactics and modern thinking managers with new bright ideas have come into the game and I'm not sure Bruce has moved with the times .

I completely agree.

That doesn't change my previous point. 

If you read the Bruce thread you'd think Bruce needs help putting his shirt on the right way round in the morning.

Just now, TrentVilla said:

He was under him at Sunderland, although having checked it doesn't look like he made the first team.

He was in the youth team and made zero appearances for the first team.

I said Bruce had "successfully managed" Snodgrass. That doesn't apply to Hourihane at Sunderland. 

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I completely agree.

That doesn't change my previous point. 

If you read the Bruce thread you'd think Bruce needs help putting his shirt on the right way round in the morning.

Point taken , I think there's a lot of frustration with things at the moment and his criticism of fans has added fuel to the fire . 

Im sure he's a decent guy really .

Edited by Eastie