Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Where have we been linked with him?

Quite a few places mate. Heres One

Derby County will match the bid tabled by Aston Villa for Bristol City defender Aden Flint, according to reports.

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Was really impressed with Grosicki at Hull, plays left wing, an area we definitely need to improve. With Hull in the same league as us, and in an all round mess, I wonder if we could poach him? Unless he'll be off to play at a higher level. 

He *looks* good on match of the day, but in reality has 0 goals and 0 assists for Hull. Everyone uses that as a beating stick for Adama Traore who also *looks* good on match of the day. 

edit - actually he has 5 assists, could have sworn I heard someone on the radio say he has 0.. 

Edited by Junxs

Just now, Junxs said:

He *looks* good on match of the day, but in reality has 0 goals and 0 assists for Hull. Everyone uses that as a beating stick for Adama Traore who also *looks* good on match of the day. 

Disagree, he really made things happen for them when they went on a good run, fast and direct, should be a very good player at Championship level. Statistics aren't the best way to judge a player, but even then, according to whoscored.com he got 3 assists last season. 

Yeah i've just edited my post, whilst you were responding.

I actually do like him, and Adama for that matter. Was trying to make a point to the Adama haters more than say Groisicki is no good but it didn't quite come across that way.

Theres something about direct wingers that gets you excited. Prefer these types to a winger like Downing who always passed back rather than try to take someone on. 

It's ok to take someone on and beat them but you also have to be able to cross well. Can Groisicki do that as I haven't seen him play much?

Reluctant Nicki on twitter (and The Mirror rag) reporting small Heath and 'arry are looking to make Elphick their first signing.

wouldnt mind him going there in all honesty and suspect saggy chops knows him from his Bournemouth connections.

as long as they pay us what we're asking he can go. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, striker said:

It's ok to take someone on and beat them but you also have to be able to cross well. Can Groisicki do that as I haven't seen him play much?

I've seen a couple of Hull games on TV and in addition to 3 assists he created chances for others, not a world beater but then you have to remember the level we are playing at, would be fantastic in this division IMO.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

1 hour ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Grosicki is a very good player.

Did anyone else listen to Wyness's interview with WM? 

He alluded to being in advanced talks with our targets and described them as "Quality players with an exciting mixture of youth and being real men".

Who could these players possibly be?

2285575473.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Reluctant Nicki on twitter (and The Mirror rag) reporting small Heath and 'arry are looking to make Elphick their first signing.

wouldnt mind him going there in all honesty and suspect saggy chops knows him from his Bournemouth connections.

as long as they pay us what we're asking he can go. 

Not sure how I'd feel about that. He's a pretty poor player so i wouldn't mind from a professional point of view, but he seems a nice kid so from a personal point of view I'd like to see him somewhere better than sha

Edited by av1

13 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I have a feeling we'll see one or two surprise departures this summer. I think there'll be some deemed too mentally weak for a club of this size.

Like who?

I'd give my left nut for Johansen, we can trade McCormack back to Fulham for him.. That'd be something.

Norwegian captain, engine like a kenyan distance runner, shoots like Riise. No idea why he's at Fulham, he dominated the Scottish league for years.

Edited by magnkarl

On 5/19/2017 at 10:27, BOF said:

So would you take John Terry if he was willing?

What a question!

I mean, I haven't had any for **** months now, so maybe, but it's a 'reverse Mellor' situation - he'd have to take that wretched shirt off.