17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

4 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

II do think the players need to carry some degree of responsibility. I know there's differences of opinion between fans on tactics generally, but I do think some players need to step up a gear performance wise. 

The settling in, adjusting to expectations at a bigger club, getting to know new team mates etc - all that's done now, we need to see some big performances from the likes of Hourihane, Hogan and Lansbury. Bruce needs to give them the platform, but they've got to go out and fill the shirt. 

I do agree players should step up but last season under Bruce we had a lot of ball going over midfields head. How can Hourihane and Lansbury deal with that. Same with Hogan and even Kodjia. they are not targetmen

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

We need to hit the top of the league early on rather than be playing catch up. Win 3 of the first 4 games and then maintain a place in the top 3.

We also have to consistently beat the top sides.....

• Thanks 1

I am so optimistic that I just got suckered into putting a £30 bet on via our sponsor, to win the league at 15/1, or your money back! I don't normally bet. That said I am probably now on an unavoidable spiral of doom and will have gambled the house and my marriage away come next July. 

• Haha 1

Not to jinx it or anything Jareth, but I'm really looking forward to the new season and hopefully doing well and seeing what our new squads capable of now they have had time to blend together 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

I am so optimistic that I just got suckered into putting a £30 bet on via our sponsor, to win the league at 15/1, or your money back! I don't normally bet. That said I am probably now on an unavoidable spiral of doom and will have gambled the house and my marriage away come next July. 

It's not gambling if you are guaranteed your money back. ;)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jareth said:

Errr.....is there a link to this bet? I can only find 10-1

33 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Not sure if we are allowed to post that but it was under Aston Villa specials yesterday.

Checked under the specials....10-1 now. You got some great odds there

....and its money back too?

7 hours ago, Jareth said:

Bugger, this is why I don't normally bet. Still if that is top at end of august then still pos. money back was off some signing up link.

On the up side you will be able to get over the loss quicker!

• Like 1

I haven't seen much of the pre season footage, only selected highlights but particularly pay attention to the posts of our members on how things played out. But I have a good feeling about this season. 

We will go up, it's a matter of when. Will it be this season? We all hope so. Heart says top two finish which is a mighty ask considering competitors within the division, but heart thinks playoff final win. Hopefully I'm wrong and we storm it. But I won't get carried away. 

This is Villa, supporting us, your hopes and dreams often get dashed and disrupted but hey. Love the club, wouldn't want to support anyone else. Hopefully this is the season. 

• Like 1

On 7/22/2017 at 01:32, Zatman said:

I do agree players should step up but last season under Bruce we had a lot of ball going over midfields head. How can Hourihane and Lansbury deal with that. Same with Hogan and even Kodjia. they are not targetmen

What is the point in making conclusive statements when a job is partly done.

we all know what happened last season and most of us know it was a job incomplete.

lets look forward to this season and don't be too surprised to look back and wonder why......its called progress and it isn't instant, it takes time.

33 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

I haven't seen much of the pre season footage, only selected highlights but particularly pay attention to the posts of our members on how things played out. But I have a good feeling about this season. 

We will go up, it's a matter of when. Will it be this season? We all hope so. Heart says top two finish which is a mighty ask considering competitors within the division, but heart thinks playoff final win. Hopefully I'm wrong and we storm it. But I won't get carried away. 

This is Villa, supporting us, your hopes and dreams often get dashed and disrupted but hey. Love the club, wouldn't want to support anyone else. Hopefully this is the season. 

I was one of the lucky ones and witnessed the winning of europes biggest football prize.

we can't keep feeling sorry for ourselves, but equally we can't think we have a divine right to anything.

We need to believe and have a quiet confidence without putting undue pressure on ourselves.

If we think we can, we can......if we think we can't we can't......it has been said many times.....but we as great supporters need to learn it and practice it.

its been a long time coming.....but its coming.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I was one of the lucky ones and witnessed the winning of europes biggest football prize.

we can't keep feeling sorry for ourselves, but equally we can't think we have a divine right to anything.

We need to believe and have a quiet confidence without putting undue pressure on ourselves.

If we think we can, we can......if we think we can't we can't......it has been said many times.....but we as great supporters need to learn it and practice it.

its been a long time coming.....but its coming.

Ah, if only it was that simple.

However - a bit of optimism never goes amiss.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It sure is my friend.

Here's to a great season I hope. This humbling experience in the Championship will do us well one day, to show us where we fell to and to hopefully never return. Some people I know still say 'oh you're the next Coventry / Blackburn' etc. We will never decay that much. 

But anyway. Fingers, toes and nob crossed that our shirts sport the premier league arm patches next year (and the year after)!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

It sure is my friend.

Here's to a great season I hope. This humbling experience in the Championship will do us well one day, to show us where we fell to and to hopefully never return. Some people I know still say 'oh you're the next Coventry / Blackburn' etc. We will never decay that much. 

But anyway. Fingers, toes and nob crossed that our shirts sport the premier league arm patches next year (and the year after)!

We are made of tougher stuff and we have a hierarchy that believe.

we will be back.

• Like 1