17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

8 minutes ago, terrytini said:

@TRO I should hate to say I told you so but I don’t :D

Stage 1 Complete 

Ha Ha.....very very Happy to say you was right on the result.....but boy it was close.

I thought Wolves was the better footballing side, but we all knew that before the game.

I thought Cardiff would bully them and they tried.....but fair play to Wolves they resisted that physical onslaught  and continued to out play them despite Cardiff having numerous chances to score.

I was really impressed with Wolves resilience tonight.

Lets hope Wolves have softened them up for us......and lets also hope we can emulate Wolves on Tuesday night and let the football do the talking and resist the bullying tactics.

did you notice at the end how Cardiff bring on Madine to help create the chaos in the box and to be fair created 2 penalties in extra time.....lets hope this is start of their wobble.

But well done Terry.....I always tempt providence and get the right outcome.

• Like 1

Just now, Nigel said:

Yes but Fulham have an easier run in and are barely losing any points. 

People would have been saying something similar about us after we battered Wolves, you never know - and its only 2 points. Strange things happen when the pressure is on. 

11 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Cardiff are filthy, totally not into this thing that in the Championship it's ok to "leave something on" a player. It's not alright at all, and they were at it all night.

Warnock is so scutty I can imagine him instructing his players to do a job on Grealish. 

• Like 1

Just now, Junxs said:

People would have been saying something similar about us after we battered Wolves, you never know - and its only 2 points. Strange things happen when the pressure is on. 

I really hope you are right

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

So are Ipswich and Leeds.

Can see us winning our next four but last two are going to be tricky and then we also have Fulham likely to win majority of their run in.

Still don't see us getting second but Cardiff in the play offs would be a good result I reckon for us.

Fulham have a few london derbies coming up. They wont enjoy going to the den and i think brentford could be tough for them too. Two teams with an outside chance of the playoffs.

We're about 4 points off being really confident of getting second I think. That QPR defeat was really poor and that could still be the difference especially if it's Fulham who get second in the end.

I remember in my ding dongs with One for the Road over xmas I predicted we'd get second if we were within 5 points of Cardiff going into the Easter Monday games. We were 9.

It's hardly a shock Cardiff are dropping points now, it's a tough run of games against top 6 teams and they have us and Derby away still to come so really frustrating we weren't just behind them. Fulham are and they look like they will take advantage.

Cardiff were luck to win some of the games they did recently so it's balancing out now altough the manner of how they lost tonight could hurt them more than a 3-0 defeat funnily enough.

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah, kind of am as well. 

I want to go up but this has been so much more enjoyable than the last 5/6 years. 

Spiritually, you have a point. Financially, you would end up making the same point about the National League North, though. Successful businesses need profits.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Fulham have a few london derbies coming up. They wont enjoy going to the den and i think brentford could be tough for them too. Two teams with an outside chance of the playoffs.

We also have Millwall away last day which is going to be a problem.

I can see us winning our next four but then drawing v Derby and losing to Millwall so not going to get second with that.

7 minutes ago, Junxs said:

We are only 2 points behind Fulham, you do know that right?

Cardiff will be distraught after tonight and may not win again all season

Totally agree with this. Cardiff, with respect to them because they've done very well, are not a wolves of this season or newcastle of last where they had players too good for the division, could have an off day and still win. Cardiff mentally have to be on it every match because talent wise they are decent ..no more. If their heads go, anyone from 1-24 can beat them.

• Like 2