17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

Fulham had a bad run before xmas, good for us as they are a good side. Before the season started the top championship blog in Norway had them top of the table. Wolves third, us 6th, behind Sheffield....wednesday!

7 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Indeed , quite amazing the form of all 3 in recent weeks - fulham are on the best run in their entire history 

Thinking about it, one very good team is going to miss out on promotion. It's between Villa, Wolves, Cardiff & Fulham.

I would love it to be Cardiff but they just keep winning.

4 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Thinking about it, one very good team is going to miss out on promotion. It's between Villa, Wolves, Cardiff & Fulham.

I would love it to be Cardiff but they just keep winning.

Ehm play-offs are highly unpredictable, anything can happen. Last year Huddersfield won the playoffs, the weakest team going into the playoffs.

And that also dismisses Boro who have been on good form and Pulis finally got them playing solid football.

Edited by Alakagom
  • Like 1

Bah, Cardiff are such a bunch of cloggers, I hope they don’t go up. On the other hand they are local to me and my pal is a season ticket holder and always invites me to Cardiff v Villa.

Warnock though, doing a great job, but what a rocket polisher

• Like 1

I hope Cardiff do go up, only via playoffs. While they are a good championsip team they would get relegated straight away. With all 3 promoted teams also looking to stay up, I really hope we go up this season cause Premier League is about to loose some usually solid sides in Stoke, WBA and Stoke/Saints. No better year to go up .

Edited by Alakagom
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

I hope Cardiff do go up, only via playoffs. While they are a good championsip team they would get relegated straight away.

I like football and as a football fan wolves villa and Fulham are enjoyable to watch - Cardiff are anti football so for that reason I’d hate to see them prosper with their cynical brand 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 3

Fulham had a bad run before xmas, good for us as they are a good side. Before the season started the top championship blog in Norway had them top of the table. Wolves third, us 6th, behind Sheffield....wednesday!

Wolves still in the mix, keeps them sharp for the game vs Cardiff.

Cardiff will drop points in the next week, would expect the gap to be cut to 2 before the break.

Fulham is going to be a bit more of a problem.

I think if we can win 7 and draw 3 of our last 10 we will finish on 93 points. Fulham would have to win all their games left to better that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Cardiff will drop points in the next week, would expect the gap to be cut to 2 before the break.

We've all been saying that for weeks now, and they aren't dropping points :(

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Fulham is going to be a bit more of a problem.

I think if we can win 7 and draw 3 of our last 10 we will finish on 93 points. Fulham would have to win all their games left to better that.

I would say with more confidence that if we win 7 and draw 3 I’m certain we will finish on 93 points 

2 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I think Wolves are more likely to drop more points

Could happen. They have Boro and Cardiff away which look tough games and also Derby at home if they wake up before May (as we do).

Rest look pretty comfortable though. 5 wins will be enough for them.