17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Fulham have been very lucky with injuries though that can’t be denied.

I was just thinking this, say they were to lose Cairney and Sessegnon for a month, would they still be pushing hard for an auto spot? They would drop off a bit I think. We lost Grealish and Albert which took the wind out of our sails a bit as we were flying, also we have missed Grealish for the first half of this season, we really have had bad luck injury wise this year.

1 minute ago, NeilS said:

I was just thinking this, say they were to lose Cairney and Sessegnon for a month, would they still be pushing hard for an auto spot? They would drop off a bit I think. We lost Grealish and Albert which took the wind out of our sails a bit as we were flying, also we have missed Grealish for the first half of this season, we really have had bad luck injury wise this year.

They lost cairney early season and won 4 in 17 - since then they’ve been in hot form.

3 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Cairney missed a huge chunk of the season with injury.

They did well in January. Finally got a striker to play in their system and a left back that released Sessengon of his defensive duties.

Edited by Cizzler

4 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

They did well in January. Finally got a striker to play in their system and a left back that released Sessengon of his defensive duties.

Sessagnon has not missed many either. So goes to show luck of injuries plays a part

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I’d love to see how they would do if they had injuries like we did/have

Agreed, and in the last 5 we have dropped just one extra point than them - and that was our blip. I think we can stay ahead of them. 

17 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

I had not realised that, I guess his return has coincided with their excellent run of form. Losing Sessegnon would be a big blow for them right now though, I was surprised nobody from the Premier League came in for him in January, they have done well to keep him. I guess he will end up in a top 6 team eventually, so he maybe had offers from lower down but is biding his time for the right offer.

Just now, NeilS said:

I had not realised that, I guess his return has coincided with their excellent run of form. Losing Sessegnon would be a big blow for them right now though, I was surprised nobody from the Premier League came in for him in January, they have done well to keep him. I guess he will end up in a top 6 team eventually, so he maybe had offers from lower down but is biding his time for the right offer.

Spurs will sign him in summer I predict

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Agreed, and in the last 5 we have dropped just one extra point than them - and that was our blip. I think we can stay ahead of them. 

True although they’ve played derby ,villa , wolves and Bristol city in that time all of whom are in the top 6 . 

‘We have the top clubs to play at home but they have now played nearly all the top clubs - certainly Fulham for me will finish 3rd at worse and either way i think they are going up , either in 2nd or play offs .

i just hope we are not in the play offs with them - 2nd place is needed .

looks like derby have blown up again as usual . 

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

True although they’ve played derby ,villa , wolves and Bristol city in that time all of whom are in the top 6 . 

‘We have the top clubs to play at home but they have now played nearly all the top clubs - certainly Fulham for me will finish 3rd at worse and either way i think they are going up , either in 2nd or play offs .

i just hope we are not in the play offs with them - 2nd place is needed .

looks like derby have blown up again as usual . 

Just seen this too - 1 point better than us this year