Midweek Football 6 /9 March

andykeenan

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

What a game. Barcelona were incredible tonight.

Its a brilliant comeback and they shoed great character but I disagree, I dont think Barcelona even played near their potential. Their passing was very sloppy at times and all their goals came from defensive or referee mistakes and not great passing moves

Just now, Zatman said:

Its a brilliant comeback and they shoed great character but I disagree, I dont think Barcelona even played near their potential. Their passing was very sloppy at times and all their goals came from defensive or referee mistakes and not great passing moves

Whatever you say Zat...

4 minutes ago, penguin said:

The sooner they take retrospective action on divers the better. The amount of diving from the Barca players is disgraceful and why wouldn't they when refs continually buy it.

The mental thing is Suarez was already on a yellow for simulation tonight.  Maybe that influenced the referee's thought process. I mean, who in their right mind would dive to win a penalty in the last minute of a must win Champions League game which is potentially worth tens of millions of Euros if they are already on a yellow card for simulation? 

• Like 3

as much as i actually like barcelona and im enjoying the hate...their official twitter account bringing back the #PrayforParis is incredibly poor choice, much like how every club has their share of idiot fans they also seem to employ dickheads to run their social media accounts

1 minute ago, The_Rev said:

The mental thing is Suarez was already on a yellow for simulation tonight.  Maybe that influenced the referee's thought process. I mean, who in their right mind would dive to win a penalty in the last minute of a must win Champions League game which is potentially worth tens of millions of Euros if they are already on a yellow card for simulation? 

Barca get big "decisions" time and time again. i still rememeber Chelsea getting about 5 genuine penalty calls waved away. It isn't even subtle.

• Like 2

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Barca get big "decisions" time and time again. i still rememeber Chelsea getting about 5 genuine penalty calls waved away. It isn't even subtle.

i remember carvalho fouling valdes for a chelsea winner in the year they knocked them out too but that ones talked about as much...

The MLS just went back and gave a player a suspension for a foul that led to a penalty which turned out not to be a foul. Why can't Uefa do this? Suarez's penalty was clearly not a penalty. Even Neymar's was very dubious. Neymar knew he could go down and did. 

sure Suarez was praised by idiot English commentators when he cheated vs us at Anfield a few seasons back

the man is an absolute cretin

Edited by Zatman

You have to ask why the defender is looking at Suarez rather than the ball and even contemplating putting an arm on him, knowing he's a cheat.  He's giving the ref a decision to make, which is always bad when you're away to the big teams.  So naive.  

Just now, Czechlad said:

The MLS just went back and gave a player a suspension for a foul that led to a penalty which turned out not to be a foul. Why can't Uefa do this? Suarez's penalty was clearly not a penalty. Even Neymar's was very dubious. Neymar knew he could go down and did. 

IIRC they tried it once with Arsenal but there was all kinds of threats of legal action as there was "contact" so UEFA dropped it. That's the problem.

2 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Neymar's was 100% a penalty

Its the problem with Barcelona after all these years that you cant watch a game and admire their brilliant players without having to watch the horrible cynical side of the game. I would love to applaud them for a brilliant 6-1 victory but you just cant after that

also as they never showed a replay I think Mascherano chopped Di Maria from behind when he was one on one with the keeper near the end

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â