The Manager thread

Xela

2 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Not really for a midtable PL-manager.

Marseille are a monster club and its a huge upgrade on Brighton. It be the equivalent of getting the Villa job maybe bigger as fans are nuts

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Marseille are a monster club and its a huge upgrade on Brighton. It be the equivalent of getting the Villa job maybe bigger as fans are nuts

Ok. Disagree with that. They have done nothing for ages. He was rumoured to a lot of top jop jobs. Didn't get them. So he was overrated.

28 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

So he was overrated.

I'm guessing he's gone there just to manage again in the CL (which was never going to happen at Brighton).

Don't think Marseille qualified for any European competition given they finished 8th so top 3 will be the expectation for this season.

4 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Ok. Disagree with that. They have done nothing for ages. He was rumoured to a lot of top jop jobs. Didn't get them. So he was overrated.

Qualified Champions League 3 of last 5 seasons were in Europa League semi final this season

Incredible stadium, nuts fanbase and rich enough owner if didnt have PSG in the league

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

It's not really that Marsielle aren't a huge club, it's that other bigger jobs, (Barca, Liverpool, Chelsea, Bayern, Milan, Juve) were all available and he was overlooked.

He's just a tad overrated IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Arteta is looking like Simon Cowell now with all his cosmetic surgery over the summer, after the Salt Bae nonsense before it really does show what a pathetic character he is. Pity he is a good manager but it is a much better feeling having someone as likable as Emery representing the club.

51 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Arteta is looking like Simon Cowell now with all his cosmetic surgery over the summer, after the Salt Bae nonsense before it really does show what a pathetic character he is. Pity he is a good manager but it is a much better feeling having someone as likable as Emery representing the club.

Is he a good manager though. He spent a lot of money like a lot and won 1 FA Cup I think and then sold the goalkeeping hero of that team and haven't had a keeper near that level since

To end all manager debate, the Premier League with Amazon or Sky whoever is the broadcaster should do reality TV Manager Swap.

One season when Arteta goes to Everton while Arsenal get Dyche. Obviously will be some incentive for both clubs but a. Be Great tv and b. Would show manager levels. I think Unai would do well either side of the coin managers like Arteta, Pep and Dyche be all over the place in different ways

Naturally Ten Hag be awful either way

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

Is he a good manager though. He spent a lot of money like a lot and won 1 FA Cup I think and then sold the goalkeeping hero of that team and haven't had a keeper near that level since

I despise the man and don't think he is a great manager but he has done very well in organising and motivating them, they won't be far away from winning the league again this season. Of course he has been aided by the recruitment which has been more hit than miss, Odegaard in particular is world class and a bargain plus Saliba too. Saka coming through was a blessing too but Arteta is harming his career by running him into the ground.

2 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I despise the man and don't think he is a great manager but he has done very well in organising and motivating them, they won't be far away from winning the league again this season. Of course he has been aided by the recruitment which has been more hit than miss, Odegaard in particular is world class and a bargain plus Saliba too. Saka coming through was a blessing too but Arteta is harming his career by running him into the ground.

He has done well but I think he has thrown away a title maybe could argue 2. My problem is I find them not that entertaining to watch as they have really good attacking talent but its just a bit dull

He got lucky with Saliba who was signed under Unai but am sure Arteta was trying to force him out when he was on loan in France.  Xhaka for Rice isnt looking that good of a deal in hindsight

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

He has done well but I think he has thrown away a title maybe could argue 2. My problem is I find them not that entertaining to watch as they have really good attacking talent but its just a bit dull

He got lucky with Saliba who was signed under Unai but am sure Arteta was trying to force him out when he was on loan in France.  Xhaka for Rice isnt looking that good of a deal in hindsight

I'd say missed out on a title and not thrown away.

People forget just how much better and bigger City's squad is compared to everyone else and they just steamroll teams at the end of the season. 

Other clubs can't compete

Klopp- kind of surprised to see him completely retire. The Liverpool job must have really, really taken it out of him.

I do think he could possibly be back in a few years if he gets that desire back and there is a good project for him but it's not likely in my opinion.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â