The Manager thread

Xela

On 24/05/2024 at 15:02, PieFacE said:

The Xavi thing is weird. Didn't he agree to leave ages ago? Then they begged him to stay. Now they've sacked him?

Barca really treat their staff/players abysmally. All this demanding players suddenly take paycuts a year into their deals because they've massively overspent. It was Xavi's decision to leave in January (just like Klopp). Then they begged him to stay seemingly because they couldn't find a decent alternative, he changes his mind and then they decide to then sack him because he called out Barca's transfer policy in a recent press conference. Poor given he's a club legend and did win them the league last year (first post Messi).

I think go back 20 years and most fans had a soft spot for them given how they generally did things but become self-nauseating since.

• Like 1

Looks like Mckenna signing a new deal at ipswich....i reckon he turned down the advances of the bigger clubs but to save face they said he is 'no longer on the shortlist'....

21 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Looks like Mckenna signing a new deal at ipswich....i reckon he turned down the advances of the bigger clubs but to save face they said he is 'no longer on the shortlist'....

Or they weren’t interested and he has a very good agent who leaked the stories to get his client a new deal at Ipswich

• Shocked 1

40 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

If Delph has taught me anything this means nothing. 

• Shocked 1

It'd be good if McKenna stays, it's awful having promoted teams lose their manager. What's the point when that happens, especially if they've not been in the top league for a long time. Maresca is a bit different as Leicester fans seemingly aren't fussed if he goes and it could work out better for them long term. 

1 hour ago, VillaAlex said:

It'd be good if McKenna stays, it's awful having promoted teams lose their manager. What's the point when that happens, especially if they've not been in the top league for a long time.

Well he's staying. It will be interesting to see if he manages to last the season when they are getting pummeled every week. 

Ipswich won't get beat every week, they will probably finish midtable, maybe lower midtable, brilliant footballing side, who adapt well to situations in games, they don't just blindly stick to their ways, which is why they were the best team in the Championship at coming back from behind. They will also spend money, many seem to be conflating them with Sheffield United or Luton type team, but they will show more ambition than those, which wil be one of the reasons why McKenna signed new deal.

2 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I think it's the right decision. Even if they go down he'll still be in demand as we've seen with Kompany and even maybe Rob Edwards later this summer.

I don't think it's impossible he'll keep them up either, their squad reminds me of Sheffield United in 2019. They just need a decent start and they can continue momentum of last few years.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

So Enzo Maresca is the guy who used to play for West Brom…….I bet he learned fudge all about management while he was there

Played under Brian Little for six months....

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If i was a betting man i reckon leicester will opt for potter when their manager goes chelsea 

He turned down a lot bigger clubs already

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He turned down a lot bigger clubs already

Jobs outside the PL though, it would appear he’s waiting for a PL job. 

Dont get the Maresca hype - got them promoted with a squad of players that should have been nowhere near being relegated in the first place, and nearly made a mess of that towards the end.

Seems a bit of a slap in the face that he's been given his first opportunity in management, done a reasonable job and then **** off at the first opportunity.

Hopefully Chelsea continue to be a circus.

14 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Crazy crazy appointment by Bayern. 

Makes sense if they were going alphabetically from Klopp.

• Like 1

Its bad that. Its like he used Burnley who stuck with him when they shouid have got rid.. He's basically a clone of Pep and it didn't work at Burnley because he didn't have the players to plsy the pep way.  From what I gather he's going to take over a toxic dressing room.at Bayern.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â