The Manager thread

Xela

Xavi & Ten Hag gone.

Barca probably shouldn't have convinced Xavi a new 2 year contract only to sack him a month or so later, ah well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

I know Kompany is seen as a bit of a joke  but there has to be a reason why he's been on the shortlist for these jobs. 

It's probably his philosophy and something that could transfer better to a better side. I watched Burnley a few times this season and they played some really nice football but repeatedly shot themselves in the foot. 

He was also very stubborn with his team selections. Not saying he is a good manager or he will do well but these clubs have smart people and must see something in him. 

The only thing I can think of is his style of play which worked well with Burnley in Championship, he just wasn't able to do it with Championship players in the PL.  In theory, it should translate to a better squad with better players. 

If starts doing well at Bayern, will he be one of Pep's disciples again?

Ten Hag is getting sacked no matter what happens in FA Cup apparently, and they want McKenna.

Chelsea and United going to fight it out for a Championship manager, how the mighty have fallen 🤣

Clown Fight GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Glad we extended Unai's contract when we did, some of the jobs available are historically very attractive to any manager. Barca, Liverpool, Utd, Chelsea, Milan, Juve, Bayern, and Ajax. Obviously a few of these have already been filled, but I don't remember an end to a season when so many were available. The turnover is incredible.

(The bit about Unai is sarcasm, he's never leaving UTV)

19 hours ago, PieFacE said:

The Xavi thing is weird. Didn't he agree to leave ages ago? Then they begged him to stay. Now they've sacked him?

I think he wasnt happy about something and said it to the media. Might have been transfer policy

20 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Glad we extended Unai's contract when we did, some of the jobs available are historically very attractive to any manager. Barca, Liverpool, Utd, Chelsea, Milan, Juve, Bayern, and Ajax. Obviously a few of these have already been filled, but I don't remember an end to a season when so many were available. The turnover is incredible.

(The bit about Unai is sarcasm, he's never leaving UTV)

Chelsea is NOT historically attractive.

sorry to be a pedant, but I refuse to normalize them as a big club. They are every bit as artificial as Man City.

• Like 3

Kompany confirmed going to Bayern, an they have paid Burnley £10 million for the pleasure. 🤦‍♀️

Gonna be more of a pleasure watching him fail. No way he has success there. Very strange appointment. 

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Kompany confirmed going to Bayern, an they have paid Burnley £10 million for the pleasure. 🤦‍♀️

Gonna be more of a pleasure watching him fail. No way he has success there. Very strange appointment. 

At this point I really think it's one massive trolling of Harry Kane 🤣

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Baffling appointment. Did nothing of note to justify such a move.

2 hours ago, AXD said:

Chelsea is NOT historically attractive.

sorry to be a pedant, but I refuse to normalize them as a big club. They are every bit as artificial as Man City.

I agree to a point, until Roman came in they were very much in our shadow, when I grew up they were the definition of a mid table team. But in more recent years they've won every trophy in the game and have massive financial backing. So, imho, they're as big a club as can be over the last 20 years.

I do agree it's artificial though, but the reasons why are a whole other discussion.

Wonder if Potter will get back into management this offseason?

15 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Few rumours of De Zerbi being the new Chelsea manager 

He would be better than mckenna or marcesca tbh but i still think its a lower level than poch.

If emery ever left us i wouldnt be opposed to poch here

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If emery ever left us i wouldnt be opposed to poch here

I wouldnt have been in the past but I would be now, poch imo needs a emery villa style project to see what he's all about again

As it is at the moment his seat at the top table is fraudulent, doesn't deserve it

See also tuchel

55 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I wouldnt have been in the past but I would be now, poch imo needs a emery villa style project to see what he's all about again

As it is at the moment his seat at the top table is fraudulent, doesn't deserve it

See also tuchel

Mate if poch can sort that chelsea team that was in complete chaos out it shows he is a veey good coach. I think emery is a bettee manager but poch is still very good

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â