Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Not to mention physical presence, we miss him when he doesn’t play in my opinion 

He's an organiser too, he's very vocal. Trouble is he's now very slow, even though his positioning is good and he's good in the air, he's a bit limited technically and getting slower and ageing isn't exactly helping him out. In a 4-2-3-1 as part of the two where the other one is McGinn or BB then he might still do a job though, the other one of the pair would have to make up for his lack of mobility and always be giving him an easy out ball though.

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Out of interest, what abilities makes Jedi such a good DM? 

Decent in the air, good presence in the middle, influential and strong in the tackle.

Also,  useful at both defneding and attacking set pieces.

Has some flaws to his game too but he could prove useful as the season goes on.

BB has only really looked capable at CM - will be a shame if he is out for a while now he has got his place back.

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 28/10/2018 at 17:22, KHV said:

We look vulnerable on set pieces. McGinn, Hourihane, Bjarnasson and Grealish are lightweight. The midfield is powder puff without Jedinak.

Agree with this, I think this could be a problem on Sunday if Jedinak doesn’t play 

On 28/10/2018 at 17:41, romavillan said:

He's an organiser too, he's very vocal. Trouble is he's now very slow, even though his positioning is good and he's good in the air, he's a bit limited technically and getting slower and ageing isn't exactly helping him out. In a 4-2-3-1 as part of the two where the other one is McGinn or BB then he might still do a job though, the other one of the pair would have to make up for his lack of mobility and always be giving him an easy out ball though.

He’s better technically than you or I, he’s played for Australia at the World Cup and scored and shone. I’d start him in midfield on Sunday to add a physical presence that we lack when he’s not playing

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Cor we look a bit short if Bjarnason is out as well.

Jedinak or Lansbury to come into the middle.

Jedinak feels to more obvious choice for a derby but he doesn't suit Smith's style much.

I’d say if McGinn and Bb are out Whelan would be next in line 

10 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Cor we look a bit short if Bjarnason is out as well.

Jedinak or Lansbury to come into the middle.

Jedinak feels to more obvious choice for a derby but he doesn't suit Smith's style much.

Not sure where the news is coming from?

Birkir Bjarnason is fine and should be available to play.

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

This is a bit of a suprise.

Nothing was being mentioned of this anywhere and since it was only 12 days ago he was billed as fine.

I wonder how long will be out for with this.

Smith said he came back early from international duty

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â