Viewing / Buying a house

Don_Simon

17 minutes ago, blandy said:

Because the architect was commissioned by Mr A to draw up the plans. The ownership of the plans thus lies with Mr A - he paid for them, they’re his.

Fair enough, it’s a good job they didn’t do the work then as that would have been commissioned and paid for by Mr A too, so by that logic they’d have had to rip them down when the house was sold.

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Property we are buying has existing planning permission to convert the conservatory into part of the house and make a big open plan kitchen diner.  Nice selling point.

Apparently the seller usually transfers permission to the buyer without any issue although they are not legally obligated.  However as we're buying from a developer that couldn't give a hoot they are not going to do this for us.  

Therefore, we need to seeak copyight 'permission' from the architect ourselves.

So basically, it's gonna cost us more money for nothing....isn't it?

You don't need planning permission to knock down a conservatory and build upto a 4 metre outwards extension. Someone's pulling your pud.

Developer trying to make an earner.

22 minutes ago, Genie said:

@Wainy316 did you get that potential structural concern resolved?

Yeah just a bit of basic reinforcement recommended.  Conversion was done in 1984 so pre building regs.  Surveyor sounded a lot less damming on the phone than in his report. 

23 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You don't need planning permission to knock down a conservatory and build upto a 4 metre outwards extension. Someone's pulling your pud.

Developer trying to make an earner.

It’s already got the permission but the owner is doing a part exchange so we’re buying it from the developer.  My concern is having to pay the architect not the developer. 

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Yeah just a bit of basic reinforcement recommended.  Conversion was done in 1984 so pre building regs.  Surveyor sounded a lot less damming on the phone than in his report. 

It’s already got the permission but the owner is doing a part exchange so we’re buying it from the developer.  My concern is having to pay the architect not the developer. 

Your solicitor should sort it. But to be fair most conveyencing solicitors are as much use as a chocolate tea pot.

12 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Your solicitor should sort it. But to be fair most conveyencing solicitors are as much use as a chocolate tea pot.

Yes exactly this.  So they’ve told us to contact the estate agent to try and sort it with the previous owner (who has exchanged with the developer).

14 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Yes exactly this.  So they’ve told us to contact the estate agent to try and sort it with the previous owner (who has exchanged with the developer).

Standard. Although it's really the solicitors job to make sure everything is above board, they shpuld be contacting the estate agent. that's what we pay them for.

• Like 3

Anyone know anything about mortgages like?

I'm trying to sell my house and for a variety of bullshit I don't think it's going to sell now for another 4-6 months.

My mortgage expires end of this month and from then will jump to 580. I can renew at about 330 so not bad really ....but i sell in 3 months do I have to pay off the rest of the 2 year deal or whatever?

Or am I best just to roll the mortgage (is that what happens?) And pay the 580 with no penalties should I sell up?

I am absolutely clueless how this works.

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Anyone know anything about mortgages like?

I'm trying to sell my house and for a variety of bullshit I don't think it's going to sell now for another 4-6 months.

My mortgage expires end of this month and from then will jump to 580. I can renew at about 330 so not bad really ....but i sell in 3 months do I have to pay off the rest of the 2 year deal or whatever?

Or am I best just to roll the mortgage (is that what happens?) And pay the 580 with no penalties should I sell up?

I am absolutely clueless how this works.

Hi mate, if you take a new fixed rate deal for say 3 years and then sell your house in the first 6 months a couple of things will happen. The mortgage I assume will get paid off using the money you get from the sale, but the lender will probably charge a fee for settling it early.

On my 5 year term the penalty was 5% of the total remaining balance if settled in the first year, 4% in year 2, 3% in year 3 etc. 

Alternatively, if you’re buying another property you can “port” the new mortgage to the new house, and then have a separate second mortgage for the difference (assumes your new place is more expensive).

For the sake of a few months I’d suck up the extra cost of being on the variable rate given it gives you full flexibility. 

You could explain the situation with the lender and they might have a product which keeps the price down but also doesn’t penalise you if you exit it early.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Genie said:

Hi mate, if you take a new fixed rate deal for say 3 years and then sell your house in the first 6 months a couple of things will happen. The mortgage I assume will get paid off using the money you get from the sale, but the lender will probably charge a fee for settling it early.

On my 5 year term the penalty was 5% of the total remaining balance if settled in the first year, 4% in year 2, 3% in year 3 etc. 

Alternatively, if you’re buying another property you can “port” the new mortgage to the new house, and then have a separate second mortgage for the difference (assumes your new place is more expensive).

For the sake of a few months I’d suck up the extra cost of being on the variable rate given it gives you full flexibility. 

You could explain the situation with the lender and they might have a product which keeps the price down but also doesn’t penalise you if you exit it early.

Thanks. Sounds like I will let it ride and hopefully after a year this ***tard will get sold.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â