Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

Not a fan of Conor, consistently flatters to deceive.

I think Monday is a game for him though. I think we'll get around their box a lot and his ability to grab goals is unquestionable. Luiz didn't do enough v Wolves.

Newcastle will more than likely sit in and try to hit us on the counter. Typical Bruce, hope for something to sneak a 1-0. We need players that can score goals and although luiz has shown he can, I'd still trust hourihane to take a chance over luiz. Definite starter for tomorrow for me. And will hopefully score in a 2-0 win.

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

They battered West Ham 3-0. Bruce isn't always a 1-0 merchant

No they didn’t.

They won 3-2 with 30% possession. Very good result for them, but a bit different from what you’re saying...particularly with your complaint about us being so open. 

Also that was only the second time they scored more than one goal in a game all season with the first time the week before.

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

No they didn’t.

They won 3-2 with 30% possession. Very good result for them, but a bit different from what you’re saying...particularly with your complaint about us being so open. 

Also that was only the second time they scored more than one goal in a game all season with the first time the week before.

But they have also beaten Spurs and Man Utd.

I've been very impressed with Bruce so far.

18 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

They battered West Ham 3-0. Bruce isn't always a 1-0 merchant

Before that west ham game (which they won 3-2, not 3-0) they scored 2 goals in 5 games. You can't pick 1 game, get the score wrong, and then think you're right. 😂😂😂

Anyway, back on topic. We will have a lot of the ball and have chances when we attack which opens itself up for hourihane to be involved going forward. I think he will score tomorrow.

Edited by Mjvilla
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

But they have also beaten Spurs and Man Utd.

I've been very impressed with Bruce so far.

Point being you were wrong - only twice this season has his team scored more than one goal and in the second of those they were open enough to concede two, which has been your major complaint about us.

I’m not surprised you’re impressed with him when you’re doing the exact opposite you do with Smith and willing to completely ignore any negative. Probably because you don’t need to watch them every week.

Anyway, back on topic. I wouldn’t mind Hourihane getting a shot as Newcastle are likely to bypass the midfield in a lot of their play and try to hit ASM quickly.

3 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Before that west ham game (which they won 3-2, not 3-0) they scored 2 goals in 5 games. You can't pick 1 game, get the score wrong, and then think you're right. 😂😂😂

Bruce has done better than Smith so far to be fair.

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

Point being you were wrong - only twice this season has his team scored more than one goal and in the second of those they were open enough to concede two, which has been your major complaint about us.

I’m not surprised you’re impressed with him when you’re doing the exact opposite you do with Smith and willing to completely ignore any negative. Probably because you don’t need to watch them every week.

Anyway, back on topic. I wouldn’t mind Hourihane getting a shot as Newcastle are likely to bypass the midfield in a lot of their play and try to hit ASM quickly.

Doesn't matter how many score as long as you are getting the points.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â