Bodymoor Heath

TRO

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

That'll be the players hotel, the new women's facility and the extensions to the academy set up - I don't know if there's anything happening in the main building.

Hotel when we've got the Belfry across the road?

Guessing that's just to rest when we arrive back from European games at 3am?

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Hotel when we've got the Belfry across the road?

Guessing that's just to rest when we arrive back from European games at 3am?

The team stay at the Malmaison in town before most home games. There or the Clayton. 

Never the Belfry.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

The team stay at the Malmaison in town before most home games. There or the Clayton. 

Never the Belfry.

Always the Clayton. I see them regularly.

37 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Always the Clayton. I see them regularly.

It's not always the Clayton. I have met the players and Emery himself in the Mal several times, as that's where I stay when I fly over for games.

• Like 2

I think it's mostly so that players can sleep after away games - for a game in London, they'll get back in the small hours, get a massage, maybe an ice bath and then have to drive home at half three in the morning - the club feel it would be better for them and the staff to sleep at Bodymoor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have a day release program for high potential academy players where they are allowed a day off school so they can have an extra day training with us, they get put up in a hotel, if we've got hotel at Bodymoor, presumably we would just use that instead, I don't know how many are on that program, but it runs across both the boys' and girl's academy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think it's mostly so that players can sleep after away games - for a game in London, they'll get back in the small hours, get a massage, maybe an ice bath and then have to drive home at half three in the morning - the club feel it would be better for them and the staff to sleep at Bodymoor.

Yeah I did consider that for the European games.

I've never actually understood why teams fly back in the dead of night after a European game. Surely it's better to go back to the hotel and sleep and then fly out in the morning. You could still fit in a recovery session/tactics on the afternoon/evening.

Guess teams just want to get out of whatever place they're in if it's a bad result.

12 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

That'll be the players hotel, the new women's facility and the extensions to the academy set up - I don't know if there's anything happening in the main building.

The planning has been submitted to the council. http://planning.northwarks.gov.uk/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=129814

Hotel (recovery centre) below

image.jpeg.579f9a3d14730c6b2e1e75d13a2b1e5c.jpeg

Below is an overview of the planned work that is going to happen at BMH

image.thumb.jpeg.8774a4dba1cb72db26a51de1adbe220c.jpeg

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

The planning has been submitted to the council. http://planning.northwarks.gov.uk/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=129814

I wonder if they plan to sell the whole site to owners once it is complete to help with PSR.

16 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Malmaison in town

The Villa in town? Not our territory mate...

Not surprised it's a poncey shire-type Malmaison though, not a proper hotel like a Premier Inn.

Back o/t - I like those plans a lot

• Haha 1

Quite the set of plans in there: as well as the hotel (with the not very catchy name of the Rehabilitation, Recuperation and Medical Recovery Centre), they're doubling the size of the Women's facilities, replacing one of the pitches with an indoor one for Academy use, a 'Media and Administration Support Centre' extension to the main building, and building a new facility for the grounds maintenance: apparently HS2 shuffling the academy pitches around a few years ago means the current one is now in an inconvenient place.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 1

Although I note that nowhere on the planning applications do they mention how the 'hotel' is actually just a very expensive excuse for Emery to live at Bodymoor Heath for 24 hours a day as opposed to his current 18

2 hours ago, wishywashy said:

Although I note that nowhere on the planning applications do they mention how the 'hotel' is actually just a very expensive excuse for Emery to live at Bodymoor Heath for 24 hours a day as opposed to his current 18

I wonder if Monchi also sources young virgins for him so he can feast on their blood

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
On 19/06/2024 at 12:36, Villa_Vids said:

Aston Villa training ground revamp plans get green light from Warwickshire councillors.

Champions League Aston Villa’s plans to build overnight accommodation for players at Bodymoor Heath are centred around achieving “elite sport marginal gain”.

That was the case made by the club’s projects director Shaun Darke to North Warwickshire Borough Council’s planning committee with councillors unanimously supporting proposals to revamp the club’s training ground.

However, the green light does not quite mean what it usually would for a planning decision.

Because this is in the green belt, it now needs to be signed off by the secretary of state for levelling up, housing and communities, the new deputy prime minister Angela Rayner MP.

The wider masterplan relates to improving provision for the women’s and youth teams, plus permanent new office space for administrative and media staff.

The big operational change involves a new two-storey rehabilitation centre that includes 40 bedrooms for players and staff to stay on site when they return from evening fixtures.

Mr Darke said: “As Aston Villa goes from strength to strength – we got back into the Premier League in 2019 and were lucky enough to move into the Champions League – this is about elite sport marginal gain.

“When the players come back late at night, they can come back for their recuperation, have their recuperation during the day, they can have medicals done, bloods taken, and it all integrates with existing buildings there.”

He also detailed how some of the work was about improving provision that was disrupted by HS2 works and upgrading provision for women’s and girls’ teams, elements of the club that have “grown dramatically in the past four years”

Mr Darke added: “We have young girls from six upwards and they are working out of small portacabins which is not adequate, we want to afford them the same facilities as everyone else.”

Councillor Denise Clews (Cn, Atherstone South & Mancetter) thanked Villa for taking girls’ football seriously with Mr Darke replying: “It is a big part of ethos, it is good.”

Councillor Katie Hobley (Lab, Hartshill), who is also a grassroots coach in girls’ football, also welcomed the work.

“I understand the problematic side of it being on the green belt but I urge everyone to get on board with this,” she said.

“The differences (football) makes to my kids, the positive effect on their mental health and wellbeing, their social skills, they are getting out of the house and not getting stuck behind screens.

“Grassroots football for girls is growing and with clubs like Villa bringing this forward, you have to get behind it.

"You have my 100 per cent support.”

https://www.warwickshireworld.com/news/people/aston-villa-training-ground-revamp-plans-get-green-light-from-warwickshire-councillors-4779781

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â