Gareth Southgate

Richard

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The fact he keeps going for the same lineup with the exception of the DM position shows that he fundamentally doesn’t understand that there’s a problem beyond that position. 

And even that position it’s taken him 4 games to pick the right player who a lot of people (including me) were saying should have been picked from game 1

He had that friendly in march where he instantly looked the part to every man and his dog...apart from one man who thought playing a RB there would be better because that RB has a better passing range but that man also then never set up the rest of the team or used tactics to ever use that passing range

You can do that kind of simple thing for pretty much every position in the team, starting with Pickford and him still kicking too long to absolutely no one, there's not really a single player in the starting 11 who plays with any real cohesion, the majority of them also play a role that they don't for their club

It's genuinely bizarre how bad he sets us up 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

And if you didn't see it earlier this is their goal, what the **** is that, absolute mess 

IMG-20240630-WA0003~2.jpg

I think about Unai watching this and I can't decide if he laughs, cries, or is just exasperated and turns it off.

I hope it's like me watching lawyer television shows: they get so much wrong at some point it's not even worth it and I avoid it all costs.

Just watched Bellingham’s interview on Sky and having played with and against his old man for years I’m not surprised it’s everyone else’s fault why they have been so bad. Not sure what he expects fans to say and do, to be fair I don’t think it’s even been that bad. He should be thankful he wasn’t playing 20/30 years ago, they get off lightly nowadays. Just like his Dad he’s got a lot to say for himself.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WHY said:

Just watched Bellingham’s interview on Sky and having played with and against his old man for years I’m not surprised it’s everyone else’s fault why they have been so bad. Not sure what he expects fans to say and do, to be fair I don’t think it’s even been that bad. He should be thankful he wasn’t playing 20/30 years ago, they get off lightly nowadays. Just like his Dad he’s got a lot to say for himself.  

Bellingham is an absolute rocket polisher. JR, I've not met SR.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Adman said:

I'll be honest, the vitriol goes a bit far for me.  We're through again, if we play like shit and win so be it.  I don't expect us to, but it's been far worse. 

Nobody is going to be annoyed if we play like shit and win the tournament. 

But it’s plain to see that the first decent team we play is going to beat us. 

We’ve played 4 shit teams and barely scraped through

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But it’s plain to see that the first decent team we play is going to beat us. 

We’ve played 4 shit teams and barely scraped through

Was wondering earlier if after so many years of being heroic losers what it’d be like to be the most unheroic winners.

I’d definitely agree a decent opposition will most likely embarrass us but starting to think just maybe we play shit all the way through and win the damn thing. It’s been done before a few times. 

Edited by villaglint

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

No but it's going to be such an anticlimax if we do because it won't have been because we've been rhe best team.

8 hours ago, Chindie said:

I hate him. 

He's been lucky to stumble on a talented group of players that have been quite settled, and had some extremely easy draws. 

He has obvious favourites who he will not drop - Kane and Foden have been diabolical in this competition, Kane in particular looks like he's barely able to play. But he won't switch him out without being forced. And he complains that the squad is inexperienced and thin - but he seems loathe to give players opportunities. We have friendlies, nations league games, where he just puts the same team out and maybe 1 player gets 2 minutes for a debut cap. He also seems to resent changing things when he has to - Watkins comes on and actually does some running and pressures, he then doesn't play again. He hated calling up Grealish until he couldn't ignore him, and then seemed to resent playing him.

And you could forgive all that if we played well. But we don't. We're **** terrible. We've stunk this tournament out. It's a tragedy we're still in it.

👏👏👏 great post, exactly my thinking

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

The good thing out of all of this is I can totally see him becoming United manager when Ten Haag eventually gets sacked this season. That'll keep them down and will be quite funny to watch. 

Yes! I must admit I never thought of that....every cloud has a silver lining.

Southgate to man yew would be great antidote to the anti football of England that is currently stinking out the euros.

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

The good thing out of all of this is I can totally see him becoming United manager when Ten Haag eventually gets sacked this season. That'll keep them down and will be quite funny to watch. 

Sadly I dont think we will get so lucky. Ratcliffe is a populist and Southgate stock has fallen even with mainstream media

Its a pity

• Like 1

Â