Gareth Southgate

Richard

He'll feel vindicated with the performance and play the same mid and attack. Can't see him changing Foden or Saka who both played shit. 

I mean I don't even know what's our best play. Is there any point going one nil ahead too early, we'll just sit on the lead and capitulate.

He'll probably play the same team and hope for it to stay 0-0 for as long as possible and then bring on Eze, Palmer, Toney. 

Watkins probably won't feature anymore.

• Like 2

He even admitted to hoping for magic moments essentially:

Him and Harry Kane produce those moments and that is why you don't makes changes when people are clamouring for more changes.

We were thinking should we take him off, but you know he is capable of those sorts of moments.

What a **** wet wipe

Edited by fightoffyour

This is such a strange situation isn’t it? People should be celebrating tonight (I’m sure many are) and the nation behind the team and yet most are like coiled springs waiting to jump on Southgate when failure happens. It’s a shitty atmosphere when a teams 3 games away from the prize with a kind draw. As much as I hate him, I want the team to have a dominant win like against Ukraine. It’s crazy to think that Serbia performance was the best so far and the team was hounded after it. 

• Like 2

He will pick the same side because he don't know any different. 

He doesn't have the tactical knowledge to make small adjustments and it is clear he doesn't analyse anything after games because it's the same rubbish now for 4 games straight. 

Him and the players can say what they want in the media, waffling on about shutting out the 'negative outside noise', but until you give us a performance we can get behind, then this garbage is gonna get what it deserves. 

A lucky win don't change anything. Slovakia are a hard working but poor side and if we play how we have so far, and I've seen nothing to suggest otherwise, the Swiss will beat us. 

• Like 2

Should I pick from the outset a side fresh, with balance and fluidity and win 2 or 3, or play the same old shit that play shit and fluke a goal in the 96th minute possibly maybe once in lifetime.

The 2nd one.

The guy is the most dense really bad person I've ever had to tolerate.

• Like 2

We win in spite of Safegate but that only takes you so far.  Tactics and a gameplan wins you things.

Will be a great day for the nation when he goes.

An even better day when he rocks up at Old Trafford as manager.

• Like 1

Ultimately it is the one we have thrown in the box that got us the goal. [\quote]

So does that mean next game we'll try throwing some more in the box?

Of course **** not 

And him saying he keeps kane on for those moments, that's the first one he's scored at the 3rd time of asking he'd missed 2 big headers in this tournament before that moment of magic 

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

"I knew we had the players on the pitch that were able to deliver a moment of magic. The fans just need to keep faith in the team and get behind them"

How close was his post match interview to this?  You just knew that was the line he'd take. It is what makes him keep doing the same thing all the time. 

In his mind, it works. It gets us past the teams we should (generally) and fail against any team that has a modicum of talent.

I almost predicted it word for word...he's a predictable shithousing piece of utter turd. His actual quite below:

"Him and Harry Kane produce those moments and that is why you don't makes changes when people are clamouring for more changes. We had enough attacking players on the pitch."

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I said it in the match thread, but I think tonight was one of the most clueless managerial performances I’ve ever seen. 

Agreed. If Emery did it, I would say the same. It’s genuinely unbelievable how bad he was tonight. Initial team selection, no changes at HT. team playing just as shite after the team talk. Doesn’t change shape, doesn’t do anything. Barely any urgency. The game was just meandering to a relatively comfortable win for Slovakia. It was almost like he was throwing the game.

I want to applaud change but I think we went with Eze as a lob sided left wing back with 3 at the back, Saka as left wing and Kane as a number 10. I had no idea what formation or what the players were supposed to be doing. Neither did Gareth.

Watching Spain, that's a press, when he says Slovakia had a press that we struggled to play through it's utter bollocks, this is way more than what Slovakia did

But then maybe Southgate just thought Slovakia's press was impressive because he was comparing it to our non existent one 

In the interview, Southgate keeps saying that they have a lot of young players. The starting XI tonight.

Pickford 30, Trippier 33, Stones 30, Walker 34, Kane 30. Bellingham are Saka are 21 and 22 but have 30+ caps and three tournaments each. Utter bollocks like everything else he says.

23 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Agreed. If Emery did it, I would say the same. It’s genuinely unbelievable how bad he was tonight. Initial team selection, no changes at HT. team playing just as shite after the team talk. Doesn’t change shape, doesn’t do anything. Barely any urgency. The game was just meandering to a relatively comfortable win for Slovakia. It was almost like he was throwing the game.

The fact he keeps going for the same lineup with the exception of the DM position shows that he fundamentally doesn’t understand that there’s a problem beyond that position. 

And even that position it’s taken him 4 games to pick the right player who a lot of people (including me) were saying should have been picked from game 1

• Like 1

I keep hoping for a better performance each game but it never comes. More ofthe same against Switzerland. Maybe Konsa starts. Someone has to replace  Guehi.  Don't want to see Trippier at left back or even an unfit Shaw there. 

Edited by PaulC

Â