Gareth Southgate

Richard

Gareth Southgate held a deep line and played it safe Vs a Slovakian front of schranz, who plays for red star and has 5 goals in 24 games, David strelec who plays for slovan Bratislava and has 3 in 18, and haraslin who plays for Sparta Prague and has 6 in 36

That's the best joke you'll hear all day 

That entitlement creeping in again...

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Picking Shaw was a disgrace.

Its not as if he's a gamechanger.

Saw someone earlier in a different thread (or here?) ask how the **** that mug of a CB from Everton and nkeitah got a cap in the last couple of years and that's where I'd say to be fair to Southgate you have to look, you're playing postmen from malta there's not problem not playing Harry Kane

But seriously how have we gone in to a tournament begging Luke Shaw to be fit given he's a 6/10 player who has spent the last 5 years not fit and scrambling at CM

I'll try and give the man an excuse here and it's a stretch...the friendlies this year have been a disaster because what they've done is confirmed players aren't good enough, he tried chilwell, he tried Gomez, he tried Henderson, he tried a load of guys who played their way out rather than finding players who played their way in 

Chilwell was amazingly terrible, proper eye opener 

is pretty weird he didn't take a proper LB other than injured Shaw. Tyrick Mitchell seemed the obvious, he'd had a couple of games for England before, ended season ok in strong Palace team. Not a world beater but capable enough, and plays alongside Guehi regularly.

As it is he's got Konsa, Gomez, Dunk all in squad not played a minute between them

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, switters said:

is pretty weird he didn't take a proper LB other than injured Shaw. Tyrick Mitchell seemed the obvious, he'd had a couple of games for England before, ended season ok in strong Palace team. Not a world beater but capable enough, and plays alongside Guehi regularly.

As it is he's got Konsa, Gomez, Dunk all in squad not played a minute between them

He called up the kid from man city but then played him at CM

Pep will **** him about but that LB position is there for the taking 

Edit - Rico Lewis

He does the same thing as zinchenko for city, LB who plays anywhere but LB

Edited by villa4europe

Pickford didn't sound very cheerfull being interviewed. Apparently "we just gotta win the game." No shit sherlock.

It's starting to creep in the team, maybe starting to lose confidence in Southgate. I mean, he's making most look like they cannot play international football and only good for there club's.

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Pickford didn't sound very cheerfull being interviewed. Apparently "we just gotta win the game." No shit sherlock.

It's starting to creep in the team, maybe starting to lose confidence in Southgate. I mean, he's making most look like they cannot play international football and only good for there club's.

I mean he's not wrong...but how is Southgate with a straight face selling we just gotta win to this squad of players ahead of a game Vs Slovakia?

It's such a shit mentality 

30 minutes ago, Xela said:

Not taking a fit left back is a disgrace

Some journo said that Kieran Trippier is Newcastle probably 5th choice left back. Everyone ahead of him I believe is English

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

Â