Gareth Southgate

Richard

I think there's a worry he's created this feel good factor in the England camp by turning St George's into a mini butlins. 

They all turn up have a laugh with there mates. Do some fun drills, play some mini games but don't actually learn any style of play or tactics. 

And off they pop home, they've all forgotten what they are there for. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

I think there's a worry he's created this feel good factor in the England camp by turning St George's into a mini butlins. 

They all turn up have a laugh with there mates. Do some fun drills, play some mini games but don't actually learn any style of play or tactics. 

And off they pop home, they've all forgotten what they are there for. 

Weak manager. There is a balance. Don't be too draconian (Capello?) but you need to have respect. Like Emery. Get onboard and he'll be great with you, if not, then go. 

Too much drama allowed with players as well. Kyle Walker and his domestic life. Trippier is now having problems with his missus apparently. My view would be, if you bring drama with you, **** off. You'e not welcome. Too many distractions. 

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Weak manager. There is a balance. Don't be too draconian (Capello?) but you need to have respect. Like Emery...

Kyle Walker and his domestic life. Trippier is now having problems with his missus apparently. My view would be, if you bring drama with you, **** off. You'e not welcome. Too many distractions. 

dd9dc5f3-f273-45a1-bd4d-9e5d01ebef31_tex

Edited by MrBlack

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Currently on course to miss the Netherlands and play Slovakia.

Guy has unreal luck in tournament draws.

Would never want him managing us in a million years but we'd probably have an FA cup run of Chasetown, Tamworth, Leamington Town, Walsall under him....and then lose to SHA in the SF...

Wow 

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Currently on course to miss the Netherlands and play Slovakia.

Guy has unreal luck in tournament draws.

Would never want him managing us in a million years but we'd probably have an FA cup run of Chasetown, Tamworth, Leamington Town, Walsall under him....and then lose to SHA in the SF...

Nah, tbf to him he tends to get the job done until England face a half decent team 😉

The worlds most incompetent manager yet some how one of the luckiest as well. Has any England manager ever had a draw as “straightforward” as the three Southgate has had? With potentially the exception of Italy we should be heavy favourites against every team up to the final and to be fair Italy have been poor so far too. I still don’t think we will get to the final with the way we have played and the tactical vacuum we have but if you want to give yourself the best chance this is the draw to do it

17 hours ago, PaulC said:

No it is hard to get excited. But it's easy to get carried away with this wave of negativity. We've seen England sides fail to qualify for tournaments.  In 92 we scored one goal by our own David Platt. Under Hodgson we lost tobloody Iceland. It shouid be better but we are in the last 16 possibly to plsy Netherands who have their own problems only finishing third in their group and over relying on a 30 year old who failed at Man  

true.

9 minutes ago, turnbull said:

When cocknose has gone, I'd go for Jose Mourinho. Pay him a decent whack and offer him a massive bonus if he wins a trophy. Sit back and enjoy the ride. 😱

he just took a new job

14 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

The worlds most incompetent manager yet some how one of the luckiest as well. Has any England manager ever had a draw as “straightforward” as the three Southgate has had? With potentially the exception of Italy we should be heavy favourites against every team up to the final and to be fair Italy have been poor so far too. I still don’t think we will get to the final with the way we have played and the tactical vacuum we have but if you want to give yourself the best chance this is the draw to do it

You'd have to fancy us against Italy having beaten them twice in qualification.  If we don't get to the final now then it's complete failure. 

40 minutes ago, turnbull said:

When cocknose has gone, I'd go for Jose Mourinho. Pay him a decent whack and offer him a massive bonus if he wins a trophy. Sit back and enjoy the ride. 😱

He's a negative manager though. Although he's more tactically astute than Southgate. We need a different approach.

Â