Gareth Southgate

Richard

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

In that interview he is insinuating that the negative atmosphere of the fans is why they are playing badly.

He is so full of s***

Since the Euro’s started he’s talking like he has stopped caring and it’s outta there as soon as England are out.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Genie said:

IMG-0803.jpg

That's exactly it for all those trying to defend him. It's completely indefensible. 

Most on here have know this for years, the rest of the world seem to have been bamboozled into thinking he's some great manager. He was just carried by moments of brilliance from players, lucky draws and a general dearth of top international teams. 

This should have been our time.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

It just irritates me having to listen to people who have changed their mind on him, those that were singing his praise are now wanting him out, when in reality nothing has changed. He’s always been the same. 

this-is-exactly-how-i-feel-austin-dickey

• Like 1

It’s weird speaking to people, many are genuinely annoyed that once again Southgate is blessed with an extremely kind potential route to the final which will make him look far better than he actually is.

Luckiest manager in the world.

• Like 2

Should have gone after Croatia beat us with a worse squad in 2018, we went one up, tried to defend that lead and ended up losing. Technically it was a disastrous loss and showed him up then. After that the future was predictable subject to him falling onto a good system by sure chance.

Goes to show the overall standard of international football. Aside from a small group of teams you can be absolutely shite and not really get punished for it

(and Gareth has an incredible knack of avoiding that small group of teams).

Edited by Genie

28 minutes ago, villa89 said:

What's most astonishing is that people seem genuinely surprised by how bad England are. He's been a terrible manager for years, people just didn't want to see the truth because the results were okay.

there's a lot of Germans in my office who placed decent money on Kane being top scorer 

😂

the overall feeling here and on TV last night is shock, they cant comprehend why we play like we do, brilliant last night when one TV presenter was moaning that we dont have a plan B or C and mertesacker laughed and asked what plan A is

• Like 2

His interviews are always talking about looking after the players, keeping this fun environment, not putting too much pressure on them.

These are mostly Champions League players. An international tournament is not going to faze any of them. I'm so bored of the psychological babble that's comes out of his mouth!

Journo asks, " maybe you cannot play Bellingham and Foden together".

Gareth. "Foden did tonight what was asked of him, played well with Saka, who I also thought had a good game". 

Errr, what about Bellingham? Although I guess Jude don't respond to the love like Saka and Foden. He just wants to win the tournament, an knowing him getting pretty frustrated with it all.

Tell me tactically how your gonna get the team scoring goals Gareth, that's all I'm interested in. Netherlands will be very interesting, I think we'll just be defending for our life!

You just know we’ll end up avoiding the Dutch and playing Romania or Slovakia, the bloke is the luckiest word removed on the planet.

Could conceivably make another Semi- Final or Final without having to play a top 10 opponent, which I read the other day he has a record of 24 games played with 4 wins against, I’ll be furious if ends up staying and we waste another tournament under him.

• Like 1

Â