Gareth Southgate

Richard

Met a couple of Southgate supporters last night. We all had a few beers and nearly had a proper fall out (probably would have if it was blokes). The justification was the standard, we are top of the group, he has got us to a final, we haven't lost a game. They then started to lose us, by claiming to know more as they followed the team around, even Qatar, Russia, etc.

The final straw was when we asked what team they supported, "Crewe", there local team, which we thought, okay. But then claimed its a quicker more physical league than the Prem?? Thought we'd drink up and leave after that one. 😂

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Gallagher in for Trent is good move. But I said in the other thread we need more than that. It isn't going to fix the team

I do think it will help but it's literally the minimum we could expect.

its still just a bit boring though isn't it?

we have more problems than just trent, we lack a spark, we have no excitement about us, foden and saka are obviously good players but they're struggling to put in a 6/10 performance, the 3rd group game should be the opportunity for a fresh face to come in take the game by storm and then ride that wave in to the knockouts, which then when you consider palmer is sat on the bench playing with his dick is madness that he wont even try him

and then you throw in the usual Southgate hypocrisy, he moans that we cant play how we want to or press like we want to because we're struggling with fitness and energy and then he names the same front 3 for a third game running? he's a clown

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

its still just a bit boring though isn't it?

we have more problems than just trent, we lack a spark, we have no excitement about us, foden and saka are obviously good players but they're struggling to put in a 6/10 performance, the 3rd group game should be the opportunity for a fresh face to come in take the game by storm and then ride that wave in to the knockouts, which then when you consider palmer is sat on the bench playing with his dick is madness that he wont even try him

and then you throw in the usual Southgate hypocrisy, he moans that we cant play how we want to or press like we want to because we're struggling with fitness and energy and then he names the same front 3 for a third game running? he's a clown

Oh 100%. It'll be boring as **** and I imagine we'll labour to a small victory while still looking very shit.

I was just saying it IS a positive change. Just not nearly enough to fix the team

Personally I was originally against Foden in the middle. but the more I think about it the more I agree that dropping Bellingham back to play alongside Rice with foden as the 10 and a proper wide player on the left (Gordon) makes more sense.

He wont' do that though

He’ll come out with some Bruce-esq comments, saying how now is not the time to experiment with new systems, and that’s why Palmer stayed on the bench. While conveniently sidestepping that Trent in midfield is an experiment in itself.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Surprised by it cos it's unlike Southgate to be stubborn...

Last group game, moaning players aren't Fitz surely must see foden isn't working, last chance to try something and unearth someone who can be a spark and he does absolutely **** all 

Spain confirmed through and made 10 changes. We're confirmed through and play an unfit Kane again, and continue with Foden who clearly isn't working.

• Like 1

You can make all the changes you want.

Unfortunately we will still have the most defensive and tactically weak manager in the competition and that’s why we’ll continue to look significantly less than the sum of our fantastically talented individual parts. 

4 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Imagine if he gets us to another final. I for one will be absolutely........heart broken. 

Bet his biography would be piss boring too. Titled, 'The Blame Game'. 😆

It'll be called "This book is an autobiography of Gareth Southgate" to avoid any potential ambivalence.

5 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Imagine if he gets us to another final. I for one will be absolutely........heart broken. 

Bet his biography would be piss boring too. Titled, 'The Blame Game'. 😆

Imagine having to be the ghost writer for that.

After about 3 pages you'd probably stab yourself to death with the pen. 

Southgate could have walked away after the World Cup and be seen as a great manager with an impressive legacy (by the unthinking unseeing majority of football fans), probably have taken the pick of some decent Premier League jobs. 

Now he's totally ruined his legacy. People's eyes have finally been opened and he's become a national embarrassment. In a few weeks he'll be doing TV ads with a bag on his head. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Southgate could have walked away after the World Cup and be seen as a great manager with an impressive legacy (by the unthinking unseeing majority of football fans), probably have taken the pick of some decent Premier League jobs. 

Now he's totally ruined his legacy. People's eyes have finally been opened and he's become a national embarrassment. In a few weeks he'll be doing TV ads with a bag on his head. 

He was a word removed after the world Cup tbf.

• Like 2

Absolute fraud stinking up arguably England's greatest generation of players, pound for pound across each area of the pitch.

Incredible really that the FA felt this dope was the best man for the job. Says everything about them.

Hilarious for the rest of us of course!!!

• Like 1

Southgate is absolute dog turd as a manager but f**k me is he lucky. Continues to have favourable draws and this tournament seems no different. Zero doubt though that as soon as we face someone more our equal he'll again be found out. 

• Like 2

His reluctance to play Gordon is similar to how he refused to use Grealish in the previous Euros. Everyone can see that we're crying out for some pace on the left and yet Gareth will do anything except the obvious. What he thought Bellingham would accomplish out there is anyone's guess. 

• Like 1

Â