Gareth Southgate

Richard

Just now, Zatman said:

To be a pedant, Euro 2020 was actually in 2021 😝

But i could see why you could blame Southgate for covid

Ahh yes. Just looked back and I'd turned on him just before. It was the nations leagues games that killed my view of him, combined his handling of Grealish.

Hypocrisy and blatant lies. A trait of his time with England.

14 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I've been wanting him gone since 2020.  I turned on him during Euro 2020, was proved right in the final

You turned on him when he was on his way to reaching England's first final in 50 years?

2 hours ago, delboy54 said:

Just think if we had Bobby Robson or Terry Venables managing this team of players, they used tactics, a word that horseface has never heard of

Weren't there some embarrassing Euros under Sir Bobby or am I imagining that? The World cups were good at least under him.

8 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

You turned on him when he was on his way to reaching England's first final in 50 years?

Yes...

On 07/07/2021 at 23:19, MrBlack said:

I thought Sterling was a bit rubbish. Missed any chances that came his way, didn't create a single chance for anyone else (excluding the penalty he "won"). Ran with the ball a lot and wasted a fair bit of time in the dying minutes...maybe that's what Southgate wants in his front 3.

Not exciting, not thrilling, but time consuming and dull.

He'll get a lot of plaudits, as will Southgate, but this did nothing to persuade me Southgate actually knows what he's doing. I'll be amazed if we beat Italy.

Grealish did create a golden opportunity for Kane, that he fluffed, but didn't really get long enough to impact the game.  What a waste of a talent. Similar tragedy facing Foden too.

• Like 1

Maybe one for the things that piss you off topic, but you just know he'll be knighted for services to football in the near future. The sniveling weasel will probably wear body armour when the King pins the medal on his chest.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, R.Bear said:

I see where he is coming from. The second that  final whistle went, we could all see he was tactically inept.

2020(1). 

Home tournament. Just after covid. We was pretty much the only country with fans at the time.

After the group stages;

Only just beat Germany (Muller missed a 1 on 1 just before Kane finished the game). Germany at this point were a complete mess and in transition.

Only beat Denmark due to a very fortunate penalty decision. They were the better team towards the end.

Completely tactically out thought by Italy.

The guy just isn't good enough.

I don't think "wears a condom to masturbate" will ever be topped, but:

Gareth Southgate waits for the cornflakes to go soggy.

Gareth Southgate gives way to other bumper car riders.

Gareth Southgate still has his milk teeth.

Gareth Southgate unfolds his croissants.

Gareth Southgate has his toilet rolls dry-cleaned.

I'm out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, R.Bear said:

I think even Gerrard could have won that final for us. 

Southgate did the same in that game as he is doing now, not reacting to opposition tactics,  allowing the team to drop deep and not keep possession of the ball.

He's as passionate on that sideline as a wet tissue. If the players are not playing as they should bollock them!!

Edited by foreveryoung

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I think even Gerrard could have won that final for us. 

Southgate did the same in that game as he is doing now, not reacting to opposition tactics, an allowine line as awet tissue g the team to drop deep.

He's as passionate on that sideline as a wet tissue. If the players are not playing as they should bollock them!!

Some tings gone wrong there G

2 hours ago, Cizzler said:

Where have you read this?

Here's one article, there was many at the time. Bizarre decision after he turned the game on its head when coming on in our last friendly.

"England stars shocked by Jack Grealish omission as senior player approached Gareth Southgate to explain his decision to squad"

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/lists/england-shocked-jack-grealish-omission-senior-player-gareth-southgate-explain-decision-squad/blt47a193cf4ac02b42

Interesting stat (if you like that sort of thing!) from the game vs Denmark that I heard on The Totally Football Show: For PPDA (passes allowed per defensive action) - which measures how quickly you close down an opponent and turn over the ball - England's was 28 which is very low (for comparison, Forest were the lowest on average in the PL last season with 18 PPDA and Spurs were the best with 9 PPDA). So (as we can all see) this England side are trying to be as passive as possible (moreso once they take the lead). Which is fun to watch and I'm sure the players love it too!

Edited by oishiiniku_uk
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tinker said:

Here's one article, there was many at the time. Bizarre decision after he turned the game on its head when coming on in our last friendly.

"England stars shocked by Jack Grealish omission as senior player approached Gareth Southgate to explain his decision to squad"

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/lists/england-shocked-jack-grealish-omission-senior-player-gareth-southgate-explain-decision-squad/blt47a193cf4ac02b42

No quotes, no player specified, no evidence. Absolute bollocks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

I don't think "wears a condom to masturbate" will ever be topped, but:

Gareth Southgate waits for the cornflakes to go soggy.

Gareth Southgate gives way to other bumper car riders.

Gareth Southgate still has his milk teeth.

Gareth Southgate unfolds his croissants.

Gareth Southgate has his toilet rolls dry-cleaned.

I'm out.

Gareth once asked Microsoft to downgrade Windows 11 to Windows 98.

• Like 1

Â