Gareth Southgate

Richard

Just think if we had Bobby Robson or Terry Venables managing this team of players, they used tactics, a word that horseface has never heard of

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

foden, bellingham, kane, bowen, watkins....even the likes of rice have had a good season and now looks like a clogger

all goes back to the absolute gutless cowardice and down right stupidity of him trying to snatch 1-0 wins, he'd be better off going for 5-4 

The BBC showed a great graphic of average player position before and after we scored. Every single player was about 20 yards deeper between scoring and half time. Pathetic gutless coaching.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, delboy54 said:

So let's assume that horseface quits when England are knocked out of the Euros, so who should be his replacement?

Get Klopp in to take us to the next World Cup and then see after that.

It’s basically part-time so less stress for him. 

6 hours ago, AJ said:

When Southgate catches a cold, he puts a condom over his nose.

When having sex he puts 8 comdoms on just to make sure it's safe. And then sits and watches another man have sex with his wife 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's got Potter all over it

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Short term, fairly safe -> Klopp

Short term, high risk / reward-> Jose

Long term, but could be another Gareth -> Potter

All good names but hear me out here.

Aidy Boothroyd. He knows the set up...

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Genie said:

Short term, fairly safe -> Klopp

Short term, high risk / reward-> Jose

Long term, but could be another Gareth -> Potter

Mourinho just took a new job

Klopp/Jose salary be probably double maybe triple what Southgate gets

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Mourinho just took a new job

Klopp/Jose salary be probably double maybe triple what Southgate gets

I’m sure the FA could afford the wages of a top manager if the desire is there. 

I suspect though they’ll go with someone like Potter who has no experience of winning trophies or elite level management, but is English and easy to get along with.

1 hour ago, delboy54 said:

So let's assume that horseface quits when England are knocked out of the Euros, so who should be his replacement?

It's too bad that Eddie Howe turned things around at Newcastle in the second half of the season, because I think his style of football, which is relatively simple but based on pressing and high intensity, probably works best for the players England have and would be fairly easy to coach (I'd imagine) even within the small amount of time that international squads have to learn tactics.

Last year in the premier league the best and worst PBDs (passes before disruption) - effectively how long the opposition pass the ball about before you go and tackle or disrupt the play - best was 8.8pbd, worst was Nottingham forest on 17.

England's in this tournament so far is 28.

• Haha 1

I've been wanting him gone since 2020.  I turned on him during Euro 2020, was proved right in the final, and since then he's proven time and again that he learnt nothing from it.

He's wasted 4 years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tinker said:

Lost the squad in my eyes, players looked uninterested as well as un coached. Think leaving grealish out has had a bigger impact than people realised.  Kane protesting against the decision has divided that dressing room, eze, Bowen and Gordon got the nod over him.  It's a massive fucX up and his bizarre decision making over Grealish has come back to bite him. Its noticeable in his interviews as well, his started blaming his players.

Moving forward we need to change the decision makers in England's managers, it's been obvious from the very start that Southgate had a great squad but brought nothing to the party, the media has had a role to play as well, supporting him when he failed when we lost games we should have won, we should have beat Croatia and Italy but failed after being out coached during the game.

Where have you read this?

4 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Why on earth would Klopp want to manage England?

If he was settled in Liverpool, and he’s said he wants a break from the day-to-day stresses of club management.

I mean, it’s a really highly paid job where you’re managing great players and you have the chance to become a national hero. It’s definitely appealing.

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I've been wanting him gone since 2020.  I turned on him during Euro 2020, was proved right in the final, and since then he's proven time and again that he learnt nothing from it.

He's wasted 4 years.

To be a pedant, Euro 2020 was actually in 2021 😝

But i could see why you could blame Southgate for covid

Â