Gareth Southgate

Richard

45 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

As boring as it would be to watch, you could kind of understand him trying to shut up shop if this England team were any good at defending. But they look terrified as soon as they are put under any pressure. Watching them try and play out from the back is embarrassing. 

But I feel like that’s because we constantly invite the opposition onto us. I’m sure I’ve seen our defence look decent for the first 15 minutes while we’re trying to score.

46 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

As boring as it would be to watch, you could kind of understand him trying to shut up shop if this England team were any good at defending. But they look terrified as soon as they are put under any pressure. Watching them try and play out from the back is embarrassing. 

I could understand it if the backline was Walker-Stones-Maguire-Shaw.

Despite the stick Maguire gets that is a tournament proven backline since 2018 pretty much.

However this time you've got Guehi in there with less than 10 caps and a right footer at LB so teams will just continue to expose those weaknesses as the tournament goes on.

If Shaw still isn't training with the main group he's realistically not going to feature so another bizarre decision to call up any natural LBs.

I just can’t buy into the England hype. I’ve watched football since the mid 70s, the arrogance and entitlement that comes from the media has been a huge issue in believing England are be better than everyone else (we invented the game don’t you know). The reality is England have not produced enough world class players or coaches. The FA has generally made some poor managerial appointments too, this has compounded the perpetual under achievement. It’s not going to change any time soon.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Strog said:

I just can’t buy into the England hype. I’ve watched football since the mid 70s, the arrogance and entitlement that comes from the media has been a huge issue in believing England are be better than everyone else (we invented the game don’t you know). The reality is England have not produced enough world class players or coaches. The FA has generally made some poor managerial appointments too, this has compounded the perpetual under achievement. It’s not going to change any time soon.

I think the majority of people believe we have a fantastic squad of players that should realistically challenge but understand we're tactically inept so wont. I don't see that many people fully expecting us to win every tournament. 

Besides you could find fans of every country making bold claims. For example some Scots believe they're going to win it and they are lauded, whereas England fans are classed as arrogant for holding the same belief.

• Like 1

Biggest chancer in the UK. 

How did he ever get the England job and he's had 4 major tournaments to get it right. 

I think it says it all about the state of the UK and how easy people are influenced and manipulated into believing they know what there doing. 

The whole of the FA needs to resign after this and Prince William needs to make it happen. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

I think the majority of people believe we have a fantastic squad of players that should realistically challenge but understand we're tactically inept so wont. I don't see that many people fully expecting us to win every tournament. 

Besides you could find fans of every country making bold claims. For example some Scots believe they're going to win it and they are lauded, whereas England fans are classed as arrogant for holding the same belief.

I would agree that the current pool of players at England’s disposal is about as good as it’s been in my lifetime. But the fact is England has a poor coach at the helm which has, once again, held us back. The optimism of most fans is understandable, England should do better but never live up to hype. France, Germany, Italy and Spain are.miles ahead in terms of players, coaching talent and tactics and that’s just Europe..

It will soon be five major tournaments that this paper-bag headed cock-nosed clearing in the woods has cost any chance of winning. He should have been hounded out of the country, or at the least the job, years ago, yet it's only now that the tide has turned. Nothing has changed, or if it has, it's been for the worse. I hate this man so much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strog said:

But but but, the wet chicken will soak through the paper plate and he might get splinters from the wooden cutlery 😉

Damn. Good point. He'll just not eat, he fears salmonella 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

I can't believe that his excuse for how terrible England are is 'we don't have a replacement for Kalvin Phillips'. No England manager, Not Roy, not Steve Mclaren, has ever said anything quite that pathetic. Phillips has been injured/out of form for 2 years or more. If Southgate and his 'elite' team of coaches can't find an alternative way to play with the resources they have available then they should give up and let someone competent take over. I'm tired of seeing this guy get a free pass because he's 'dignified' and level-headed. Cowards don't win anything. 

Yeah but he also can't pleasure his wife unless he has Phillips there too tbh 

Edited by Dodgyknees

The last 5 minutes was fair embarrassing, the whole Pickford taking the frees and didn't know what to do with it. Do England have a set piece coach like Scotland took our guy?

50 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Was there ever any? I mean outside of the causal tournament only England fan. 

Yeah he has plenty, unbelievably

3 hours ago, Spoony said:

His interview has left me flabbergasted. He’s pretty much thrown in the towel as we don’t have Kalvin Phillips 

who was available and was hopeless when he played this season

what next David Batty and Graeme Le Saux were also unavailable

Â