Gareth Southgate

Richard

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

When he gets another manager job, it’ll really be a true hint at his actual level. I wouldn’t be surprised if a Championship club goes for him. He’s that poor.

He wont take another job unless he gets offered something way out of his league like a scum 6 team

FA will protect him and make him director of future planning or something made up

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

It will soon be five major tournaments that this legend has costEngland any chance of winning. He should have been hounded out of the country, or at the least the job, years ago, yet it's only now that the tide has turned. Nothing has changed, or if it has, it's been for the worse. I hate this man so much.

fixed for you

• Haha 1

This man is clueless and must stand up and be accountable for how he's getting this team to play. 

Those players play over 40 games a season where they press the opposition high up the pitch. They put the England shirt on and just sit back. There was an instance late on in the game against Denmark where Rice attempted to win a ball by the sideline halfway into the Danish half. The ball went out for a throw to the Danes and he literally sprinted back to just in front of our two centre backs. It is being programmed into them how Southgate wants them to play. It's against their natural ability and week-to-week mindset. 

He needs to go now! 

I agree with everything everyone has said and I thought Southgate should have gone after the last tournament. Actually the way he treated Gresford showed he’s and arrogant, stubborn, small-minded, inept coach I would have gladly seen him gone before the last tournament.

The hysteria over the Phillips comment is quite amusing as if that was the worst thing he’s ever done. I can’t quite believe it but I am going to point out that he actually said, “We are missing a Kalvin Phillips” in the context of talking about it being an experiment. There isn’t a Kalvin Phillips type player in the squad, so Nobnose is right. But - FFS how many years have you had with these players to think of a plan B, C or D? What do you do the whole time apart from go to matches and eat free catering? Surely you’d try and learn something about actual tactics in your down time?

I heard when Southgate watches another man shag his wife, he sits in the corner wearing a condom.

• Like 1

When Southgate catches a cold, he puts a condom over his nose.

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

How on earth have we ended up with someone so gutless in charge of our national team...for eight years ffs!

I know it's a rhetorical question, but the reason he's still in the job is due to favourable draws in 2018/2021. The best result England have had under Southgate at a tournament in terms of FIFA ranking is beating Denmark (who were 11th at the time). The teams they've beaten in knockout games: Columbia, Sweden, (a very poor) Germany, Ukraine, Denmark, Senegal. None of them are impressive scalps. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I agree with everything everyone has said and I thought Southgate should have gone after the last tournament. Actually the way he treated Gresford showed he’s and arrogant, stubborn, small-minded, inept coach I would have gladly seen him gone before the last tournament.

The hysteria over the Phillips comment is quite amusing as if that was the worst thing he’s ever done. I can’t quite believe it but I am going to point out that he actually said, “We are missing a Kalvin Phillips” in the context of talking about it being an experiment. There isn’t a Kalvin Phillips type player in the squad, so Nobnose is right. But - FFS how many years have you had with these players to think of a plan B, C or D? What do you do the whole time apart from go to matches and eat free catering? Surely you’d try and learn something about actual tactics in your down time?

I heard when Southgate watches another man shag his wife, he sits in the corner wearing a condom.

I don’t think anyone thinks, is making out or is treating it like it’s the worst thing he’s done, but it’s up there with one of his worst excuses (of which we’ve seen many), so the hysteria (let’s face it, each person making ~1 comment?) is expected.

On your defence of the comment/ his reasoning for it. I’m sure there are 20 English midfielders better at that role than Trent Alexander-Arnold. As you’ve said, his job is to prep for this.

Unbelievable that in all these years he has no clue how to use the players. I know he has taken some inexperienced international players but **** me he has had Kane, Foden, Saka, Rice, Walker, Trippier, Stones and Pickford for years.

6 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Unbelievable that in all these years he has no clue how to use the players. I know he has taken some inexperienced international players but **** me he has had Kane, Foden, Saka, Rice, Walker, Trippier, Stones and Pickford for years.

Yeah but that was when the system was entirely built around Kalvin Phillips for years and his extraordinary passing ability 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Foden has been insanely good this season and he looks awful in this side. 

Agree, when some players in the England squad have been brilliant for their club in the season just finished, then when in the England team look as if they have never played football before, shows something is not right.

Down to one person.....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Biggest chancer in the UK. 

How did he ever get the England job and he's had 4 major tournaments to get it right. 

I think it says it all about the state of the UK and how easy people are influenced and manipulated into believing they know what there doing. 

The whole of the FA needs to resign after this and Prince William needs to make it happen. 

Yep prince wills needs to lop off southgate's head !

23 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Agree, when some players in the England squad have been brilliant for their club in the season just finished, then when in the England team look as if they have never played football before, shows something is not right.

Down to one person.....

They all look like they don't know what they're supposed to be doing and/or don't believe that it will work. It must be pretty stark to go from working with Pep/Klopp/Emery/Ancelotti etc. to Southgate. When you add up all the tactical problems as a result of Gareth's decisions it's quite mind-boggling:

- Right back playing at left back (even an out of form Chilwell could at least offer the threat of going past the opposition RB)
- Right back playing as a central midfielder (have some balls and drop Trent if you're not willing to play him in his position)
- Declan Rice becoming a third centre back out of possession (If you're going this route then why not play Stones there, let Rice play a bit further forward and use a combination of Guehi/Konsa/Dunk at CB?).
- Foden (nominally) on left wing but constantly coming into the middle which leaves a left side with zero attacking threat. (play Foden as a 10 and put Gordon on the left or drop him)
- Bellingham in a front four with Kane dropping deep and Foden coming central so they all try and occupy the same space (why can't Bellingham play as an 8? It feels less of a stretch than Trent at RB or Foden on the left wing)
- Only the front 3/4 press and the rest of the team sit deep (do it properly or not at all).
- Pickford playing out from the back (he doesn't do it at Everton and he gives the England defence no confidence when he's doing it for the national team)

Edited by oishiiniku_uk
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Genie said:

Foden has been insanely good this season and he looks awful in this side. 

foden, bellingham, kane, bowen, watkins....even the likes of rice have had a good season and now looks like a clogger

all goes back to the absolute gutless cowardice and down right stupidity of him trying to snatch 1-0 wins, he'd be better off going for 5-4 

• Like 2

Lost the squad in my eyes, players looked uninterested as well as un coached. Think leaving grealish out has had a bigger impact than people realised.  Kane protesting against the decision has divided that dressing room, eze, Bowen and Gordon got the nod over him.  It's a massive fucX up and his bizarre decision making over Grealish has come back to bite him. Its noticeable in his interviews as well, his started blaming his players.

Moving forward we need to change the decision makers in England's managers, it's been obvious from the very start that Southgate had a great squad but brought nothing to the party, the media has had a role to play as well, supporting him when he failed when we lost games we should have won, we should have beat Croatia and Italy but failed after being out coached during the game.

• Like 2

Â