Gareth "Interesting" Southgate

Richard

At the end of the day I think Southgate will take a holiday and decide to stay on. He isn't getting a bigger job than this and this is a mainly pressure free job

Chris Coleman probably a decent comparison as he got Wales to a Euros semi final and the best job he could get was Sunderland in freefall on the way to League One

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

At the end of the day I think Southgate will take a holiday and decide to stay on. He isn't getting a bigger job than this and this is a mainly pressure free job

Chris Coleman probably a decent comparison as he got Wales to a Euros semi final and the best job he could get was Sunderland in freefall on the way to League One

I agree on the big job bit, but I think the pressure will really start to build now. 

Euro finals last year, the squad is getting better, “only” a QF at this World Cup. I think expectations will be sky high for the next euros 

30 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I agree on the big job bit, but I think the pressure will really start to build now. 

Euro finals last year, the squad is getting better, “only” a QF at this World Cup. I think expectations will be sky high for the next euros 

I think in typical Southgate fashion he will get off lightly with the timing of this event. Premier League starting back next week and the attention will go back on that

If Morocco beat France tonight then it might be another story

55 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think in typical Southgate fashion he will get off lightly with the timing of this event. Premier League starting back next week and the attention will go back on that

If Morocco beat France tonight then it might be another story

I agree he'll get off lightly with this one, and I think the polls are showing that.

But I think that's why the pressure will be on for the next tournament. People will say fair enough we only got to the QFs of the world cup (wrongly imo) but after getting to the final last time we should be winning the Euros

I think expectations will be higher than ever for the Euros, literally

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Better football, better results at the tournament, better performances. For the players not to hate him. 

The only success you’ve attributed to him is qualifying for the World Cup. Which every England team has managed since 1994

Southgate doesnt play better football but you seem to think he plays amazing football in comparison!

Like i said he qualified from group went out against a excellent german side and got screwed by a terrible referring decison so not all on him.

Southgate couldnt even win it with one of the easiest world routes to the final and at home too.

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Southgate doesnt play better football but you seem to think he plays amazing football in comparison!

I've literally never said that. In fact i've said I actively dislike Southgate's football. All i said is it's better than Capello's. Which it is. By a long way. Which shows you how bad Capello's was. Do you not remember the team getting booed off the pitch because we were so poor?

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Like i said he qualified from group went out against a excellent german side and got screwed by a terrible referring decison so not all on him.

It's not the way he went out, it's our performances in general in that world cup. Do people really not remember how awful we were in that world cup?

And yes germany were excellent, but we were still shit in that game. They battered us.

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Southgate couldnt even win it with one of the easiest world routes to the final and at home too.

I'm not defending Southgate at the Euros and never have. I'm not sure why you're bringing this up

I think England played far better at this World Cup than they did at the Euros. The football was a lot more positive overall. They just ran into the best team in the tournament and lost despite being the better side. I was very anti-Southgate before this tournament but I think he got them playing much better football and easily could have won the World Cup if a couple of things went England's way in the game against France.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I've literally never said that. In fact i've said I actively dislike Southgate's football. All i said is it's better than Capello's. Which it is. By a long way. Which shows you how bad Capello's was. Do you not remember the team getting booed off the pitch because we were so poor?

It's not the way he went out, it's our performances in general in that world cup. Do people really not remember how awful we were in that world cup?

And yes germany were excellent, but we were still shit in that game. They battered us.

I'm not defending Southgate at the Euros and never have. I'm not sure why you're bringing this up

You said southgates football is "light years" better than capellos. If its light years than that must mean in your eyes he plays amazing football. 

Venables and hoddle two of the better england managers were booed before that does not mean much.

I think awful is a bit dramatic. We were not great but awful would have been going out in group stages. The algeria game was terrible but its 0-0 it happens look at framce they lost to Tunisia this year.

Yes but again as ive said your not acknowledging how good that german team was. It was a very big ask ti beat them and i think at 2-2 game on. Thats not capello thats on terrible referring. I would have liked to have seen him have another tournament to be honest.

Bringing it up because i feel that southgate on paper will show he did better than previous england managers, but we played a lot of games at home, had the final at home and literally that italy team was nothing special.they didnt even qualify for the world cup! I bet capello would have won it of he was manager.

11 hours ago, tinker said:

Ok......... hopefully Steve Holland will go and someone will come in and help Southgate out a bit.

That's a good shout, to not change anything in the whole set up is a slippery slope to apathy at best

That goes for players too, needs 2 or 3 young fresh faces for the Italy game, big 3 months for Ramsey for it to be him rather than the inevitable Liverpool youngster

Got to find at least another midfielder and CB or its just the same old shit

For the FA it was more of a case of there is no better alternatives, and for GS, he probably thinks one last chance with this current squad. 

I don't think there will be much movement in personnel within the squad for the next 2 years of unfortunately, more so for the likes of Tammy, Tomori, they might as well see and find out if they can represent another country. As for J Ramsey, no chance! 

Edited by HongKongVillan

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â