Gareth "Interesting" Southgate

Richard

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Because Germany absolutely battered us for 90 minutes. We lost 4-1, it’s not like they scraped through by a goal. 

I don’t even like Southgate’s football but it is light years better than Capello’s with England. 

Light years better than capello not sure your being serious. Southgates football is shit.

Foitball doesnt work like that. How many times has goals changed games. Look at the game against utd at villa park 2 down look dead and buried then we get a goal and within 10 minutes odd we scored another making ut 2-2. You dont know it would have ended 4-1 thats speculation. Your only saying that because you didnt like capello

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Light years better than capello not sure your being serious. Southgates football is shit.

Foitball doesnt work like that. How many times has goals changed games. Look at the game against utd at villa park 2 down look dead and buried then we get a goal and within 10 minutes odd we scored another making ut 2-2. You dont know it would have ended 4-1 thats speculation. Your only saying that because you didnt like capello

I know I don't KNOW that, it's my opinion based on the game. Yeah the goal may have changed things, but given how dominant Germany were in that game and the ultimate scoreline, I highly doubt it.

I don't particularly dislike Capello at all. I just have eyes and a memory. he was **** appalling as England manager, the fans hated him, the players hated him, his football was diabolical. 

I asked before and you didn't answer, what exactly did he do that you would consider a success?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I know I don't KNOW that, it's my opinion based on the game. Yeah the goal may have changed things, but given how dominant Germany were in that game and the ultimate scoreline, I highly doubt it.

I don't particularly dislike Capello at all. I just have eyes and a memory. he was **** appalling as England manager, the fans hated him, the players hated him, his football was diabolical. 

I asked before and you didn't answer, what exactly did he do that you would consider a success?

Must have missed question. Well i think the england team confidence was quite low after sven. Qualified quite comfortably made us look solid although we had a abysmal result against algeria in group stages that i will admit. I think had he been given more time he would have made us more competitive. 

That german team was alot better than this current Germany team lets not forget that

24 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

You said the German loss wasn’t Capello, I’m asking what you mean by that

Oh ok i menat in terms of the way in how w elost that game england gor screwed with the lanpard goal. Massovely controversial decision went against us.

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Must have missed question. Well i think the england team confidence was quite low after sven. Qualified quite comfortably made us look solid although we had a abysmal result against algeria in group stages that i will admit. I think had he been given more time he would have made us more competitive. 

So the only thing is qualifying for the world cup? Which we've done every world cup since 1994. Doesn't seem like  a big deal to me. And then went on to give us one of the world cups in living memory

He wasn't given more time for a reason. He was shite

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

So the only thing is qualifying for the world cup? Which we've done every world cup since 1994. Doesn't seem like  a big deal to me. And then went on to give us one of the world cups in living memory

What more you expect from him if he had only one tournament?

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Capello quit 5 months before the Euros because of FA interference and then England did nothing with Roy with the squad he had

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't care or particularly follow England, but it's funny how Southgate gets "we had some good tournaments" when beating shit teams and losing to good ones, but Capello was "**** appalling" despite having the highest win ratio of any England manager ever :D 

22 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't care or particularly follow England, but it's funny how Southgate gets "we had some good tournaments" when beating shit teams and losing to good ones, but Capello was "**** appalling" despite having the highest win ratio of any England manager ever :D 

It’s not that funny given the context. I know you value that greatly. 

53 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What more you expect from him if he had only one tournament?

Better football, better results at the tournament, better performances. For the players not to hate him. 

The only success you’ve attributed to him is qualifying for the World Cup. Which every England team has managed since 1994

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s not that funny given the context. I know you value that greatly. 

Oh, I do - as I say, I don't particularly follow England and certainly don't remember what games back in 2010 were like (hell, I struggle to remember Villa games from back then) but there's a certain irony in praising one manager for beating shit teams and galvanising the squad but calling another appalling for beating even more teams.

Maybe squad harmony is the most important thing for England - and that's probably fair enough, International football is weird.

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Oh, I do - as I say, I don't particularly follow England and certainly don't remember what games back in 2010 were like (hell, I struggle to remember Villa games from back then) but there's a certain irony in praising one manager for beating shit teams and galvanising the squad but calling another appalling for beating even more teams.

Maybe squad harmony is the most important thing for England - and that's probably fair enough, International football is weird.

I haven’t praised Southgate for beating shit teams. In fact it’s one of my major criticisms of him, that he can’t beat good teams and it’s why we’ll never win anything with him in charge

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I think @Zatman means it wasn't that he wasn't given more time (given that was the quote from you); it was that he walked out.

Fair enough. 

I believe he left because he didn’t like the FA taking the captaincy of John Terry after he called Anton Ferdinand a black word removed. 

Not sure that’s a ringing endorsement. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â