Gareth "Interesting" Southgate

Richard

standard southgate performance. sat back, had to chase the game, a moment of magic got us back in to it, sat back again

the better team both in the tournament and on the night won, no doubt, but we were there up against them in spite of southgate, not because of him.

a horribly predictable outcome.

• Like 1

He’s gonna stay for another 4 years isn’t he? 

FA will never sack him, he’s earning £5m a year which he won’t get anywhere else, and he probably thinks he’s doing an amazing job getting England to all this finals. 

14 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Clearly - by 'first round', do you mean 'round of 16'?

Yes, the first knock out round not the group stage (round?).

• Like 1

He'll go even lower in my estimations if he stays on. If he's as smart as he thinks he is, he should know he's  done all he can with this top quality group of players.

Its been proved time and time again, you cannot win tournaments with these tactics 

36 minutes ago, Enda said:

He sounds like he is about to cry.

When he talks to the media, he blatantly knows that he’s one of the least knowledgeable managers in a job. Dropping in convenient hindsight like “we thought we needed to press them more”… “and get in behind”… to keep up the charade and disguise the fact that he is essentially a competition winner who is more suited to managing a mid-table Championship side.

It's actually an achievement to get this group of players to perform that badly across that many games. Congrats to Southgate, I honestly can't name another manager that could have done that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

It's actually an achievement to get this group of players to perform that badly across that many games. Congrats to Southgate, I honestly can't name another manager that could have done that.

Bruce 

• Like 1

To have Saka, Bellingham and Foden as options, and maintain a rigid defensive mentality, really is shite.

We have been crap for most of the tournament and relied on “moments of magic” to get us through.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Gerrard, Lampard we’ve got loads of them. It’s not as easy as it looks. Not defending him at all but not like there are loads of options who will get us playing like a top four team. 

Not that bothered about the loss. The biggest celebration is gonna be when Southgate confirms he's  leaving.

For the record I'm  thinking Potter will be next. He's turned down a few decent jobs.

8 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Roy Hodgson?

Steve McClaren?

Kevin Keegan?

Graham Taylor?

Maybe they don’t meet the criteria across that many games, since they made sure to be knocked out early.

One of the challenges for a new manager is how to get Foden playing in this team, because 4 goals in 40 apps under Southgate is pathetic.

• Like 1

He absolutely has to go.  I don’t think he will though, so pig headed and lacking in self awareness.  Go now and your head is held high. 

Now officially, statistically the joint worst England manager in history. Have been waiting 6 years to say what I knew from the start is now factually accurate, and I'd much rather it wasn't true, but there it is, Congrats cocknose, you big cocknosed clearing in the woods. Now **** off.

Palmer to Watkins, Watkins to Palmer. Easy isn't it?

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Not that bothered about the loss. The biggest celebration is gonna be when Southgate confirms he's  leaving.

For the record I'm  thinking Potter will be next. He's turned down a few decent jobs.

I doubt that Potter would even manage to qualify us to the WC2026. Why do you want to replace Southgate with somebody that is even less suited for the job?

I’m all for replacing Southgate, but when I look at potential replacements, I’m really concerned. Yes, there are some great unrealistic candidates like Klopp and Pep, that would never take the job. But the list of realistic candidates is not impressive.

Howe is the only candidate that I think could do better than Southgate, but I’m not sure FA will pay what is required to get him released from the Newcastle job. That means we will end up with somebody like Potter, 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â