Gareth "Interesting" Southgate

Richard

17 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

First time he faces a proper team his team gets outclassed 

Thats the crux of it. All the previous games, we were the favourites and expected to win. Tonight, when we play a top nation, we look second best.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Has to be curtains now.

I have a real, real hatred towards him as a manager.

Seems a good bloke, no doubt.

**** him as a bloke.

**** him as a manager.

A disgrace to his profession. 

Liar, charlatan, lucky.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Tomaszk said:

**** him as a bloke.

**** him as a manager.

A disgrace to his profession. 

Liar, charlatan, lucky.

Amen.

• Haha 1

He needs to go while on a reasonable high. He's just not a top manager. Sure he's a nice bloke with a good heart and morals, but he's out of his depth. 

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Thats the crux of it. All the previous games, we were the favourites and expected to win. Tonight, when we play a top nation, we look second best.

It was like watching Brentford vs Man City, no excuse with the players at our disposal. 

Almost all of these players are used to pressing high and trying to win games and for England we play a block so low that Steve Bruce would be proud.

Just now, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Decent human being

Never liked him as a manager

He was spoiling for a fight with fans/media all this tournament. I don’t like him as a man or a manager.

19 minutes ago, penguin said:

We’d have gone out first round if Denmark didn’t do us a favour in the last group match.

Eh? We were already through before we even played the final game?

I agree with the sentiment that it's time for him to depart. It's time for a new generation - need to see the backs of Kane, Walker and Maguire, and makes sense to start afresh with a new manager as well. 

I would however like to thank him for getting us so far into tournaments, a feat that no manager achieved before in my lifetime. He's not a top, top level manager but he's done so much better than every predecessor since Ramsey that it's embarrassing. Now would be a good moment to go out on a high, and I hope he and the FA both come to their senses and see that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â