Gareth "Interesting" Southgate

Richard

4 hours ago, Mic09 said:

I read a lot about Southgate bringing 'togetherness' to the England camp and bringing the nation together. BBC is full of it.

I am a big Southgate critic, but I do appreciate, on paper, he has taken England deep into each of his tournaments. Not an easy feat (even if he is very lucky with his draws). 

But what is this 'togetherness' BS? People are reluctant to watch football, players talk crap during pressers, even the media have largely turned on Southgate, how does this 'togetherness' manifest itself exactly? 

He got ed Sheeran to come sing to them!

I'm sure they all loved that 

• Sad 1

Tactical masterclass by Gareth subbing on an attacker in Watkins instead of midfielder in Kane. Honor this man with a title asap.

• Like 1

Better, but Koeman made tactical changes at half time and again Southgate had no plan B. Lucky for him and the 80th minute subs (no idea why he waits so long) an our man Watkins saved the day.

Such luck. If he tripped over on the pavement, it would be on a rolex watch. 😂

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, penguin said:

Was surprised he finally hauled Kane off, and even more for Watkins to come on.

To be fair to him for as bad as overplaying kane has been his decision making on Ollie or Toney has been spot on so far 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Was England best performance so far but wasn't great at all compared ro Spain but was an improvement

Fair. The suspicion remains we'll be easily beaten by a much better organised and cohesive side in the final, but you've got to have a ticket to be in with a shot of winning. 

I'd have liked the Watkins sub to come a bit earlier but overall today was a much better performance than before, and it was a good result.

Spain will clearly be the favourites on Sunday but if we start Watkins instead of Kane then I think we'll give them a real game.

Maybe one of those Dutch players would get in Englands team. I always knew England would win.

Spain will be much more evenly matched.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Fair. The suspicion remains we'll be easily beaten by a much better organised and cohesive side in the final, but you've got to have a ticket to be in with a shot of winning. 

A final is a 50/50 game depending as much on mentality than skill. England have a chance though if comes to tournament form then Spain be favoured

The worst thing England could do is go 1 up early on

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mic09 said:

But what is this 'togetherness' BS? People are reluctant to watch football, players talk crap during pressers, even the media have largely turned on Southgate, how does this 'togetherness' manifest itself exactly? 

I'm guessing this sort of stuff:

• Like 1

First half was what we all wanted to see. Second half reverted back to what we’re used to seeing. 

The smash and grab seems to be the approach Gareth is taking.

17 hours ago, Mic09 said:

I read a lot about Southgate bringing 'togetherness' to the England camp and bringing the nation together. BBC is full of it.

I am a big Southgate critic, but I do appreciate, on paper, he has taken England deep into each of his tournaments. Not an easy feat (even if he is very lucky with his draws). 

Hes the man behind St George's park. When he was playing players were staying in different hotels. Even the night before a game. For those certain starters would already be booked in at the Ritz, but late call ups would be scratting around in the nearest Travelodge. St George's changed all that. Now Ezri and Bowen get exactly the same treatment as Kane and Bellingham.

3 minutes ago, colhint said:

Hes the man behind St George's park. When he was playing players were staying in different hotels. Even the night before a game. For those certain starters would already be booked in at the Ritz, but late call ups would be scratting around in the nearest Travelodge. St George's changed all that. Now Ezri and Bowen get exactly the same treatment as Kane and Bellingham.

He was failing as Middleborough manager when St Georges Park was designed

Also international teams had always hotels booked in advance and they all stayed together. Listen to some older players on podcasts and it was same under Capello and Sven. Nobody stayed at a Travelodge 😂

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â