Gareth "Interesting" Southgate

Richard

Since that tune was re-created with different lyrics for France 98 I think we can be clear that 'football's coming home' referred to winning tournaments rather than hosting them. 

2 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

So it was valid to say that had England won Euro 96 or Euro 2020 then football would have come home. But this Euros doesn't count? Just checking I've got the rules clear 

It came home in a sense in 1996 as England hosted an international tournament as was the original meaning behind the lyric.

Since 2018 it has evolved to symbolise England bringing the big one home.  As England brought football to 'the world', The Euros is not far reaching and important enough a trophy constitute football coming home by means of lifting a trophy.  Therefore, by my rules, which are iron clad and legally binding, football can only now come home if England win a World Cup.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

It came home in a sense in 1996 as England hosted an international tournament as was the original meaning behind the lyric.

Since 2018 it has evolved to symbolise England bringing the big one home.  As England brought football to 'the world', The Euros is not far reaching and important enough a trophy constitute football coming home by means of lifting a trophy.  Therefore, by my rules, which are iron clad and legally binding, football can only now come home if England win a World Cup.

Again, the 1996 version was re-made with new lyrics for the 1998 tournament in France. 

47 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Again, the 1996 version was re-made with new lyrics for the 1998 tournament in France. 

Yes, 3 Lions 98 makes no sense.  My rules.

48 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I'm not sure why this hasn't been asked more from the media. Ask Trent how Southgate's coaching is different to Klopp"s. Or ask Foden, is it the coaching style why you are not showing your Man City performances. So Kane, where are all these goals you generally score 😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Thanks to **** AI, I don't know if this is a genuine clip or not? If it isn't, it's quite funny. If it is, I'm kind of intrigued to hear what possible response Stones could give.

I'd imagine it would focus very much on the handling of national pressure and expectation, and steer wildly away from anything technical or meaningful at club level.

Arise Sir Gareth of Southgate.

Gareth Southgate tipped for knighthood – even if England lose Euro 2024 semi-final

Gareth Southgate is in line for a knighthood if England win the European Championship and could receive one even if they do not.

Harry Kane is also expected to be handed an upgrade to his MBE if he lifts the trophy in Berlin on Sunday – and potentially if he does not – while other members of the squad could be rewarded with honours, too.

Telegraph Sport has been told Southgate was close to being offered a knighthood after England came within a penalty shootout of winning Euro 2020 in what was their first major final since 1966.

But talks over whether to dub him “Sir Gareth” are said to have ended amid a debate in Boris Johnson’s Government about the manager’s involvement in a film investment scheme HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) had challenged over tax avoid rules.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/07/09/gareth-southgate-knighthood-england-euro-2024-semi-final/

On 08/07/2024 at 21:20, foreveryoung said:

I'm not sure why this hasn't been asked more from the media. Ask Trent how Southgate's coaching is different to Klopp"s. Or ask Foden, is it the coaching style why you are not showing your Man City performances. So Kane, where are all these goals you generally score 😂

They won't answer them honestly anyway.

I read a lot about Southgate bringing 'togetherness' to the England camp and bringing the nation together. BBC is full of it.

I am a big Southgate critic, but I do appreciate, on paper, he has taken England deep into each of his tournaments. Not an easy feat (even if he is very lucky with his draws). 

But what is this 'togetherness' BS? People are reluctant to watch football, players talk crap during pressers, even the media have largely turned on Southgate, how does this 'togetherness' manifest itself exactly? 

33 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I read a lot about Southgate bringing 'togetherness' to the England camp and bringing the nation together. BBC is full of it.

I am a big Southgate critic, but I do appreciate, on paper, he has taken England deep into each of his tournaments. Not an easy feat (even if he is very lucky with his draws). 

But what is this 'togetherness' BS? People are reluctant to watch football, players talk crap during pressers, even the media have largely turned on Southgate, how does this 'togetherness' manifest itself exactly? 

Fewer players drop out of international duty with vague and quickly-resolved 'minor injuries' and 'knocks' than they used to. With the exception of Ben White, basically everyone who is eligible and good enough wants to play. Nobody has retired early for a while. There are fewer leaks from camp, and those leaks that do come out are mostly of 'leaking the probable teamsheet' variety rather than 'Lampard and Gerrard can't stand one another' or whatever. 

I don't think this idea has emerged out of nothing. 

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Fewer players drop out of international duty with vague and quickly-resolved 'minor injuries' and 'knocks' than they used to. With the exception of Ben White, basically everyone who is eligible and good enough wants to play. Nobody has retired early for a while. There are fewer leaks from camp, and those leaks that do come out are mostly of 'leaking the probable teamsheet' variety rather than 'Lampard and Gerrard can't stand one another' or whatever. 

I don't think this idea has emerged out of nothing. 

John Terry and Gerrard retiring before he took over helped.

• Like 1

i think he has a pact with the devil, will bore his way to winning the competition, get a knighthood, become Sir Gareth Sh*tgate, and we will all have to forever hear how Sir Sh*tgate is the best England Manager for 60 years and can now be counted as one of the greatest managers in English football history.

I can see it in my crystal ball of puke.

Edited by MaVilla

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

i think he has a pact with the devil, will bore his way to winning the competition, get a knighthood, become Sir Gareth Sh*tgate, and we will all have to forever hear how Sir Sh*tgate is the best England Manager for 60 years and can now be counted as one of the greatest managers in English football history.

I can see it in my crystal ball of puke.

Sir Gareth Sh*tgate is a  massive fraud bastard anus clown smug condescending conman bellend knob cocknosed beaky prick arsewipe bollockhead word removed 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Literally every single major tournament they go on and on about how tight the group is and they’re getting on great, then after it gets revealed there was loads of rifts and little sub-groups where people didn’t mix at all. How hard it was, loneliness, boredom etc.

I don’t know why they keep lying about it every time.

English media Southgates great, foreign media and fans. Southgate don't seem to have much idea. 😂

I don't  think I want England to win tonight. Just for the reason the media and some fans need to come back down to earth, an realise that he is not this genius manager whos got us to 2 semi finals and a final. He's just a poor coach, who wants to be your best mate, a fraud, who has tsome of the best players in Europe if not the world and that no one would leven look at for a top PL job.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â