Gareth "Interesting" Southgate

Richard

He's the most reactive manager I've ever seen.

Once we equalised on Saturday I don't think it crossed his mind for one second to win that game before penalties

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Just putting it out there.  Football doesn't actually come home if we win the Euros.  

Has to be the World Cup for that.

I don't think there are any tangible rules and conditions for the metaphysical term of "football" and it's final destination. 

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I don't think there are any tangible rules and conditions for the metaphysical term of "football" and it's final destination. 

It's my rules and they must be followed

2 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Was the song not originally recorded for Euro 96?

Yeah although that was meant as football is coming home because it was being hosted in England.  It evolved in the 2018 World Cup to mean that England were going to win the tournament.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Just putting it out there.  Football doesn't actually come home if we win the Euros.  

Given the origin of that phrase is Euro '96, I think this is a hard sell

Edit: I got beaten to the point

Edited by Stevo985

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He's the most reactive manager I've ever seen.

Once we equalised on Saturday I don't think it crossed his mind for one second to win that game before penalties

Was surpised he didnt take off a few more attackers when they equalised

15 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Then Honestly believes that if he subs of Kane or Foden the drop off in quality is crazy to say Watkins and Palmer which just isn't true. 

it is true

the drop off between kane and watkins is massive, kane is one of if not the best striker in world football

the problem is now stop looking at it based on what kane has done in the last 6 years, even stop looking at what he did for Bayern last season and purely look at it in the context of what he's done in this tournament, look beyond the stats and the history and look at the form...if he did that then harry kane would not be starting for england - and as the back injury stuff leaked over the weekend following another bad performance kane himself knows it

same goes for foden, southgate seemingly cant look past how good man citys foden was last season when he should be looking at how poor englands foden was in the last 5 games 

I said it elsewhere, but Kane and Foden are England's biggest problems now. They've completely stunk the place out but they won't be dropped.

Kane especially being the focal point of the team's attack and being quite clearly unfit and performing way way below his usual standard is hurting us massively.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

The song was written before the 96 euros though.

33 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I said it elsewhere, but Kane and Foden are England's biggest problems now. They've completely stunk the place out but they won't be dropped.

Kane especially being the focal point of the team's attack and being quite clearly unfit and performing way way below his usual standard is hurting us massively.

id add trippier in to that mix too but we seem to get away with him being poor and there's every danger shaw plays Wednesday 

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

id add trippier in to that mix too but we seem to get away with him being poor and there's every danger shaw plays Wednesday 

Dumfries and Frimpong at some point in the second half will be the biggest test of the tournament for whoever is selected at LB (and Shaw won't last 90 minutes in that intensity after five months out).

Gakpo the other side who's shown much better than for Liverpool v a Walker who's been well under par.

I can see the Dutch scoring twice tbh so England attack must function properly instead of just relying on moments. Or the set pieces finally start working.

53 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Genuinely think we might have had a two or three goal lead in the first 50-60 mins against Switzerland if Kane was fully fit and/or motivated and/or in a sensible position. More than one attack where Saka beats his man and then there's no Kane in the box to pass to. Dunno what proportion of the issue is physical vs mental but he was IMO the main barrier between what we got and actually quite a good performance. 

I agree Southgate won't have the courage to drop him. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah and that's why I don't consider him the big problem. because there's a viable alternative that may very well be deployed.

With Kane and Foden, the reason they're a big problem is because they won't be dropped. Even though there's alternatives for both

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Genuinely think we might have had a two or three goal lead in the first 50-60 mins against Switzerland if Kane was fully fit and/or motivated and/or in a sensible position. More than one attack where Saka beats his man and then there's no Kane in the box to pass to. Dunno what proportion of the issue is physical vs mental but he was IMO the main barrier between what we got and actually quite a good performance. 

I agree Southgate won't have the courage to drop him. 

I agree.

It's why the justification of Southgate's decision to keep Kane and Bellingham on vs Slovakia makes no sense. Yeah they got the goals in the end, but better changes could very easily have meant we won the game comfortably in normal time

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Trippier's been shite since the new year. Just ask the Jawdees.

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Yeah although that was meant as football is coming home because it was being hosted in England.  It evolved in the 2018 World Cup to mean that England were going to win the tournament.

So it was valid to say that had England won Euro 96 or Euro 2020 then football would have come home. But this Euros doesn't count? Just checking I've got the rules clear 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â