Gareth "Interesting" Southgate

Richard

1 hour ago, Giro said:

Who do people genuinely want when he goes? 

Howe or Deano

Potter I can see but don't think his style suits the limited time international managers have

Really hoping it's not carsley 

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He ain't  good enough that's why.

He's obviously a better manager than Southgate. And I do mean obviously.

Is Southgate good enough?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

He ain't  good enough that's why.

Many would say he is better than Southgate. But you are right, he wouldn’t be in contention for the job.

Favourites would be Potter or Howe, with Carsley and Cooper as outsiders.

14 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Who's saying Southgate is good enough, no one.

Dean Smith is limited that's all, we don't want another.

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Who's saying Southgate is good enough, no one.

But the squad is that good, it can get to final, SF, probably at least another final.

Any ordinary manager would be cleaning up.

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Dean Smith is limited that's all, we don't want another.

Limited if you want. But much better than Southgate. Ten times the person and the coach and the judge of a player.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Under 21s would've been a really good job for DS to take, that would be his only route to the top job which is the only way Southgate got it (and even then it was a freak incident with Big Sam talking himself out of the job).

He's a fair bit behind Howe and Potter given his last two jobs have ended in relegation (not really his fault at Leicester) and he's now in MLS so the press would be all over that rather than taking someone who managed in the CL last season like Howe.

• Like 1

Yup, I think Smith is twice the coach Southgate is, but his career trajectory since leaving us gives him absolutely no chance.

Southgate was simply in the right place at the right time, and the FA were desperate for fifty shades of beige

• Like 3

The FA have turned into complete pussies in the footballing world, still scarred from managers who want to install discipline, an happy to have a regulator for football, even though they have the authority to regulate it themselves.

I sincerely hope Southgate quits at the end of this tournament, winning the big one or not. But if we are expecting the FA to look at a Klopp type coach, we are barking at the moon. It's much more likely to be a Potter type. That's if they cannot convince Southgate to stay ofcourse, as that'll be their first priority. He's the best manager since Ramsey in their eyes.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

The FA have turned into complete pussies in the footballing world, still scarred from managers who want to install discipline, an happy to have a regulator for football, even though they have the authority to regulate it themselves.

And there we have it: Anti-Southgate populism hitting a new peak (nadir?). So this is what's been longing for release all this time? To call the FA "complete pussies in the footballing world?" We need authority and discipline.

Jesus.

6 hours ago, Giro said:

Dean smith wouldn’t get it in a million years 

Of course he wouldn't. Doesn't mean we wouldn't be chasing our third major title in six years if he was in the dugout though.

If England win it then they will have made Greece 2004 team of journeymen look like world beaters though Greece actually won games in 90 minutes playing top opponents

• Like 1

He doesn't make changes because his mindset is England is some small plucky country like Scotland. 

Then Honestly believes that if he subs of Kane or Foden the drop off in quality is crazy to say Watkins and Palmer which just isn't true. 

He should be using the squad quality as a positive thing and just out squadding the opposition by going full throttle for 60 mins then bringing on a whole new attack. 

We ain't the underdogs. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Giro said:

Who do people genuinely want when he goes? 

I would take an inanimate carbon rod over Southgate 

England has avoided the heavy hitters all the way to the final.

This isn't the first time this happens. 

Southgate seem to be very lucky with the draws which seem to happen again and again

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â