Gareth "Interesting" Southgate

Richard

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Spoony said:

I don’t actually want us to win it. Can’t believe I’m saying it but we don’t deserve it, our fans have become heinous, the football is awful and there’s no joy in it at all anymore for me. I’d feel about the same if England won it as if any other team won it. They’ve almost become a complete neutral to me which is so sad as I used to really look forward to England in tournaments and plan everything around my watching.  I’d like to reserve us finally winning something for a time it actually means something. 

Hey, at least you're honest. That's fair enough. It's not my way of thinking, but who cares what I think? I support England as a conscious decision with an underlying sentiment that's always going to be there for me. I feel like England picked me, not the other way around, but I don't really care if England are any good. I think England supporters are rough on the England, but I can't see that ever really changing. Nature of the game.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Spoony said:

I don’t actually want us to win it. Can’t believe I’m saying it but we don’t deserve it, our fans have become heinous, the football is awful and there’s no joy in it at all anymore for me. I’d feel about the same if England won it as if any other team won it. They’ve almost become a complete neutral to me which is so sad as I used to really look forward to England in tournaments and plan everything around my watching.  I’d like to reserve us finally winning something for a time it actually means something. 

Exactly how I feel. 😔 

The thing I'm really struggling to get my head around is that Southgate has us playing shocking football, and yet I genuinely think we'll make the final - and then hopefully get battered by France/Spain/Portugal etc

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Spoony said:

How are our fans any worse now, than they were before? Not sure how you can enjoy England through the hooliganism/90s - but now think our fans have "become utterly odious".

If anything, there has been really minimal reporting of England fans causing trouble in Germany. The people that I know who've gone have said it's been a great atmosphere (minus the football).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Gareth Southgate eats chicken wings with a knife and fork.

He washes hot sauce off first because anything spicy gives him heartburn 

From an outsider who in any other sport loves to see England lose, I don't see an issue with English supporters at all. The only normal reaction here is to go a bit insane.

You've had decades of talents squads shitting the bed in major tournaments to build up some resentment. Now when you've finally got a squad full of some of the absolute best players in the world, you've been inflicted with a manager who wasn't qualified for the job, and carries himself like some sort of genius despite wasting golden opportunities to win trophies. He's ridden fortunate sets of fixtures to a couple of decent tournament runs despite playing some of the most dull football imaginable. He's got the European golden boot winner, the PL player of the season and the La Liga player of the season as part of a wealth of talent and he's used it to grind out dreadfully boring results in an easy group.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Gareth Southgate eats chicken wings with a knife and fork.

Gareth Southgate eats a cup-a-soup with a knife and fork, off a plate.

• Like 1

He has turned England into the most boring team on the planet, the sad thing is he doesn't even know it. Every interview is the same stupid comments from him, he is deluded by his own self importance.

3 hours ago, Podster said:

I just hope to God we dont win  this tournament, we will be stuck with the muppet for another 4 years.

What?!

If England under Southgate win the Euros in order for Southgate to be the new man yoo manager then that's a price I would be willing to pay...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â