Gareth "Interesting" Southgate

Richard

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

@HanoiVillan suggested that the only way Toney or Solanke would be on the pitch if they were in the squad would be to take penalties. 

I suggested that Toney is more similar to Kane in terms of style than Solanke (or Watkins) so it could be that he got on the pitch because he’s a more like for like replacement. 

I didn’t say he was better than either of those players. Or even that he should be in the squad because I think we should be taking strikers that give us more options, not just strikers who are there purely to play in the scenario of Kane being injured. 

Well that's cleared it up....... Toney has a style similar to Kane, it's not is hair style so what attributes has Toney and Kane got in common? Toney likes to play on the last man, Kane never or hardly does that, he comes deep, what am I missing in Toney?.

Southate is the sort of person who would buy a really expensive sound system and try to set it up with a VHS recorder and CRT TV

57 minutes ago, tinker said:

Well that's cleared it up....... Toney has a style similar to Kane, it's not is hair style so what attributes has Toney and Kane got in common? Toney likes to play on the last man, Kane never or hardly does that, he comes deep, what am I missing in Toney?.

Jesus Christ calm down 😂

I think Toney plays the game more similar to Kane than Watkins or Solanke. I didn’t realise that was such a mental thing to say. 

They're similar physically, they don’t rely on pace as much as the other two, they act as more of a target man than Watkins or Solanke, they’re similar in their hold up play and they’re both more used to playing as a focal point than Solanke and Watkins who more often have a second striker or attacker playing with them. 

Kane does drop deeper than any of those strikers, I agree. It’s actually one of Kane’s biggest faults imo

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Kane does drop deeper than any of those strikers, I agree. It’s actually one of Kane’s biggest faults imo

We agree on one thing. 👍 

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Going to get to the semi-finals and then lose tepidly 2-0 to Portugal or something. Then hopefully signs for Manchester United.

And that's being optimistic. It's all the ridiculous hype, leading up to these games, that is so annoying. 

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

talking about kane not being fully fit

so of course he'll only take 1 back up striker

YARN | - Good. Take this note over to the referee. - "We forfeit"? | The  Simpsons (1989) - S09E06 Comedy | Video clips by quotes | 1dc13f18 | 紗

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There is no recency bias over Ollie Watkins – England’s most prolific player over last year:

Gareth Southgate warned of the danger of picking players on “recency bias” when explaining his decision to recall Ollie Watkins to the England squad, but there is nothing recent about the striker’s good form...

What next for Grealish after England omission?:

“Other players had a stronger end to the season,” Southgate added.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, villa4europe said:

If he gets the WC he will take us full circle, we will be no better than we were when Roy left us 

We look clueless 

England cannot continue with Southgate after this tournament.

• Like 1

Just now, theboyangel said:

England cannot continue with Southgate after this tournament.

I dunno, he's a top table manager that we're lucky to have, man utd wanted him...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I dunno, he's a top table manager that we're lucky to have, man utd wanted him...

of course we are very very lucky..😅 

I think the press are already beginning to turn on him and that won’t help him stick around. 

Bwahaha BBC just mentioned Southgate’s admiration of the Danish coach as he has the ability to change things during a match (as if it’s witchcraft!!)

Sums the guy up entirely 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

One of the most successful England managers of all time. Don’t see the problem.

The problem is that he's horrendous. Has no qualifications at all for a job like this. The only downside is united didn't hire him. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â