The retro gaming thread!

BOF

Speaking of older football games, I've been playing PES 2013's Master League and it's been a blast. Started out with the default team, and whoo boy were most of them crap. But some of the young players developed into world beaters (seriously Neillender, guy is probably hitting 112 OVR right now at 24), and with some shrewd signings (didn't know Giovanni Dos Santos had a brother Jonathan, but he's held my midfield together for years). I'm about a season away from where I usually call it quits (winning everything in sight and my players winning the individual honours), but it's been an absolute blast. Still think PES 2018's gameplay is the best, but so far nothing has topped 2013's Master League experience.

• Like 2

On 08/07/2024 at 17:45, UpTheVilla26 said:

I really like 14 but 2 things have ruined me doing a long Career mode. 

Prize money is stupid. I got a total of £6 when I did a Argentine save. I finished about 8th. All my players asked for new contracts, I couldn't afford it so they get listed by the board, it was a mess. 

The other thing, is the AI piss about a bit too much in and around the box. Instead of shooting they play an extra pass and it's annoying. 

So, I tried 15, 17, 18 and 19. All decent on their own rights but the one that I'm on and can't stop playing is FIFA 16.

I've started as Oviedo and have had so much fun. I play on legendary and it is tough. The AI, IMO, are the best on any FIFA ever made. They will play it backwards if needs be and won't just do the stupid ping pong passing. I've conceded some very good long range goals as well. 

Obviously the older games feel a bit more clunky and not as smooth but for a Career mode I've got my fix with 16. 

You were not wrong about Fifa 16. The AI is definitely better than the current game, and the balance of the game is also significantly better. Animations are a bit basic compared to now, and even slowed down with Sliders the passing is a little bit too fast, but there is actually a feeling of accomplishment when scoring, or winning that has been lost.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For anyone who ever considered getting into MiSTer to play retro games but was put off by the price, a new board has been released that is basically half the price of the typical completed build of the project (or less?). It costs less than just the original FPGA board itself in fact.

If you wanted to play retro games with great emulation accuracy, extremely low latency and with a bevy of video output options, there hasn't been a better time to get into this.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â