Top Gear

Jez

For shame Tony. AC/DC FFS !!

My wife knew who he was but she has two heavy metal brothers .. I couldn't even name an AC\ DC song ... I thought Ace of Spades but i'm sure that's motorhead

• 4 weeks later...

I hate to say it but I think it's time for Top Gear to call it a day. It's getting as bad as The Simpsons for dragging it out as long as possible. Tonights show was cringe worthy, especiallly the Fiesta review with the helicopters and guns shooting....

Is it still on? I thought the series ended a few weeks back.

This last series was poor though. Not sure i agree it's time to call it a day as it should in theory be able to carry on in some format whilst there is still an interest in cars. A major overhaul is needed though.

I would recommend a bit of a general facelift, getting rid of the car challenges and with it, alot of the over scripted skits that had become cringeworthy.

It needs to go a little bit back to basics i think and less about those three trying to be funny constantly. Not that they're not capable as the dynamics are great, but 60 minutes of scripted wit is too much for three guys who are far from comedians.

I'd be tempted to let May take over more of the main presenting and get Clarkson back doing his best work on reviews.

It can definitely come back strong again though.

• 2 months later...

One for any spotters:

James read a letter from "some bankers" out during the news section, when he put it back in his pocket there was something in bold type clearly printed on it. Too quick to read unless you pause it. Anybody with Sky + catch what it said? I wonder if it was another Top Gear subliminal message.

(and now I have made this post, it was probably nothing interesting at all)