Top Gear

Jez

This weeks was good. highlight for me was them sat in that car in the sun!

:) I liked the "I know when I'm too warm. LEAVE US ALONE" bit too :nod:

• 2 weeks later...

hot on last weeks government sponsored Royal Mail and Army adverts we now get Top gear bigging up troubled Jag ..(tbf it's a top car though)

Have labour infiltrated Top gear ??

did like the logos on their cars so that when the doors open you had Merde and Tit on Hammonds and Coq on May's ..yeah I am about 8 really

May's was 'Coq yoghurt'. And the more subtle Lesbian Hat on Clarkson's "Les Bien Hat".

And TBF Top Gear always love Jags. It was a much less irritating episode than last weeks and Sienna was lovely :)

May's was 'Coq yoghurt'. And the more subtle Lesbian Hat on Clarkson's "Les Bien Hat".

And TBF Top Gear always love Jags. It was a much less irritating episode than last weeks and Sienna was lovely :)

Yeah i did think she came across quite well personally, i always had her down as a snotty bitch, one of those "don't you know who i am" types from the few stories you read about in the paper...

She doesn't really get enough credit in the sexiest women stakes (fhm and the like) she is stunning really.

MIssed it last night, will have to watch it on Sky +.

Was it the XFR on last night? If so that is indeed a fooking brilliant car.

Though a CTS-V destroys it, even before you take the price difference into account

As you might have noticed, the CTS-V undercuts the XFR's base price by $21,230. Not small change, for sure. But Elfalan and I decided, initially at least, to judge the cars simply on their own merits regardless of price, and let the price-sensitive points work themselves out later.

As it turned out, the CTS-V didn't need its lower price to help it beat the Jag, accomplishing the feat purely on its own outstanding abilities. The CTS-V won every Performance category save fuel economy, putting the XFR at a severe deficit it couldn't make up, despite a very strong showing in our Subjective ratings.

Although it might not look like the battle was close strictly from a numbers standpoint, people generally don't choose cars based on a points scale. This was proven, no less, by the fact that Elfalan and I were split on our personal picks — Elfalan choosing the Jag and I, the Caddy.

So what can we take from this? If you're looking for a supremely smooth, powerful and comfortable super sedan, you can't go wrong with the new Jag. If all-out performance is your thing, and you can accept small sacrifices in comfort and quality, the CTS-V is the new super sedan king. And at a bargain price, we might add.

I don't consider myself an avid Jaguar fan, but the XFR is an exception. While the CTS-V ultimately outguns this Jag in performance, the XFR can certainly hold its own (not to mention a gear) on a back road. The main difference is the Jag does so with the added benefits of superior comfort, sophistication and a surprisingly more sonorous exhaust note. If there ever was a perfect car to powerslide while listening to classical music, the Jaguar XFR would be it.

Jonathan Elfalan, Road Test Editor

Both of these sedans are so terrific, it seems a shame to choose sides. While there are few cars I can think of better suited to long miles of sports touring than the Jaguar XFR, I have to side with the more precise-handling Cadillac CTS-V. That the CTS-V is available with a manual transmission, unlike the Jag, doesn't hurt its case, either. I'm utterly impressed with the huge improvement over the old V, yet still at a bargain price. Just don't order the Recaro seats!

Mike Monticello, Feature Editor

0-10mph: CTS-V 0.1sec faster

0-20: even

0-30: even

0-40: CTS-V 0.2 sec faster

0-50: CTS-V 0.1 sec faster

0-60: CTS-V 0.2 sec faster

0-70: CTS-V 0.4 sec faster

0-80: CTS-V 0.4 sec faster

0-90: CTS-V 0.6 sec faster

0-100: CTS-V 0.8 sec faster

0-110: CTS-V 0.8 sec faster

0-120: CTS-V 1.1 sec faster

quarter-mile time: 0.3 sec faster, with a trap speed 3.5 mph faster

(admittedly, all this proves is that Detroit knows how to make things go fast in a straight line)

60-0 braking: CTS-V 3 ft shorter

80-0 braking: CTS-V 8 ft shorter

200-foot skidpad: CTS-V 0.02 more g

700-foot slalom: CTS-V 4mph faster

(an American car that can handle?)

I was on last nights show, went to watch it filmed last wednesday. Good stuff!

Cool. Do they ask all the half decent looking women to move forward to the 'filming ringside' or is it a constant coincidence?

I was on last nights show, went to watch it filmed last wednesday. Good stuff!

Cool. Do they ask all the half decent looking women to move forward to the 'filming ringside' or is it a constant coincidence?

I cannot believe that it is coincidence.

I have heard two rumours about Top Gear filming though. The first being that tickets for shows are now booked up years in advance. The second being you have to bring female company along, otherwise it'd be a room full of guys.

I'm not convinced though. Any thoughts?

It probably can handle Levi but FFS I've never been in an American car with an interior worth a shit

No wonder its faster. Being American, it will be about half a ton lighter as everything is made of thin plastic...

:lol:

The second being you have to bring female company along, otherwise it'd be a room full of guys.

I'm not convinced though. Any thoughts?

That point is definitely true. We've looked into it before and they make sure you have equal numbers of male and female.

Not sure about the first point but can believe that's true.

There's no **** justice :-(

Brian Johnson one tenth of a second slower than that bellend JK

I hope they ask him back, and give him numerous tries to beat the top score like that did with the Jamiroquai rocket polisher

I'm one of those who have no idea who he is ...

where did all the audience tottty go last night , it was more like grab a granny night ..i could hear MJMooney purring in front of his TV :-)

Was well impressed with Johnson and he sounds like a very funny bloke :) You just knew it was a quick lap by looking at it. Damn shame he didn't beat JK. Didn't realise he was as old as that though!

Was well impressed with Johnson and he sounds like a very funny bloke :) You just knew it was a quick lap by looking at it. Damn shame he didn't beat JK. Didn't realise he was as old as that though!

Jonno certainly looks good for 62!