The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

50 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Leeds are not safe ....they are 3 points ahead of wed!

They have also accrued 5 points from there last 5 games, losing the last 2 in the process.

Just to top it off their next 2 games are against Preston and Newcastle.

They might not be safe from being overtaken by Sheffield or Fulham, but they are 99% safe from being overtaken by Villa.

So its better for us that Leeds do well against our potential rivals, those 6th to 10th.  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, ender4 said:

They might not be safe from being overtaken by Sheffield or Fulham, but they are 99% safe from being overtaken by Villa.

So its better for us that Leeds do well against our potential rivals, those 6th to 10th.  

Exactly no chance we are finishing 5th so no point even talking about Leeds this year

38 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I understand your view and kind of agree, up to a point.

We have to be aware that Leeds losing on Sat would not be a massive problem;  They are '99% safe' from us catching them, but so were Sheffield 4 games back.

If Fulham or Wed keep winning there is nothing we can do about catching 6th position, unless someone else can be dragged into the fight.

Although it would appear currently that our best bet would be for Leeds to win, in a few games this could have all changed.

Leeds dropping 2 more points here then a defeat to Newcastle the week after will bring them to the likelest contenders to drop out.

Also we know well how hard a losing run is to turn around.

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1

Leeds only need 6 points from 6 games to stay above us.  Not an easy run at all, but it finishes against probably relegated Wigan.  Would prefer that they beat Preston and Norwich along the way to help us out.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Am I the only one who looks at the table more than once per day?

No.   I keep checking it in case it looks different from the previous hour, or i can work out the future results from it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rubberman said:

Leeds only need 6 points from 6 games to stay above us.  

It does make me smile when people say this as though it's a simple task. 

Lose a couple, draw a couple, and all of a sudden a win isn't enough. In the Championship anything is possible, we might lose our next two and this conversation is redundant.

• Like 1

Phrases like "Sheffield Wednesday only need 10 points from the last 6 and we can't catch them" don't dissuade me.

It's the volume of teams we have to overtake, but if we win every game they'd have to go great guns themselves to keep up.

I did say a while back though that 73 might be enough, we've basically got to go on a cup run, with no penalties available.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It does make me smile when people say this as though it's a simple task. 

Lose a couple, draw a couple, and all of a sudden a win isn't enough. In the Championship anything is possible, we might lose our next two and this conversation is redundant.

I know what you mean...anything can happen.  Though 6 from 6 is a safer bet then 18 from 6!

But my point was that given the already extraordinary run we have to go on, I'd rather Leeds took points off 2 teams in our way (per your post above).  

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Another positive may be that, by the time we play Brighton, they will already be promoted and in cruise control.

Hopefully play their reserve team. lol

It's looking that way.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Another positive may be that, by the time we play Brighton, they will already be promoted and in cruise control.

Hopefully play their reserve team. lol

Or they are already guaranteed promotion but need to ensure they win their final game of the season to win the title...