The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

40 points would do it - 12 wins , 4 draws and 3 defeats .

might get there with 74 but 76 would do it for sure.

Well it might not, it has been 80 points before. Though I would suggest 74 is going to be the absolute minimum this year. It's very competitive. 

Sheff Weds have 45 points with 57 to play for. We need to get 10 points more than them out of that.

Its going to be tough, but if we can get on a winning streak it isnt entirely impossible. Based on the huge turnover of staff and players between May and January, Im quite content to be top half this year as long as we dont end up miles away from the play offs.

I still think we'll stroll this division next year - Newcastle and Brighton are going up, and I don't see any of the teams coming down having a season any different to the one we're having now (apart from Burnley if they dont stay up) - Sunderland are a mirror image of us, Hull have looked atrocious whenever I've seen them, and Swansea/Palace would lose their better players and end up rebuilding.

Edited by StewieGriffin

I don't want to wait a year.

I'm not sure I can cope with another year in this awful crappy division with shitty teams (yes I'm aware we are also shitty).

This is the worst year ever (in football terms) in my life.

I want us to be one of the best 10 teams in the country. OK, at least in the top 17 teams. 

Is that too much to expect?

Edited by ender4

6 hours ago, PaulC said:

19 games left. How many pts would give us a chance of making the playoffs? We probably have to produce title winning form don't we?

I would say 70 points would be enough to make the play-offs. Cant see us getting 34 points in the last 19 games especially since we keep getting picked for TV games :P

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

I'm not sure I can cope with another year in this awful crappy division with shitty teams (yes I'm aware we are also shitty).

I want us to be one of the best 10 teams in the country. OK, at least in the top 17 teams. 

Can I ask you a question, not loaded at all, but do you go to the games?

What if we're here next year and winning often? That's all I really care about right now, winning a few sodding games. 

• Like 2

Small steps. Win our next game (away, on sky) and suddenly we may win the following three.

If we get 12 from the next 15 suddenly that gap to 6th will look far more achievable, particularly considering our relatively easier run in.

Either way the new boys have to make a flying start. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

And i've been telling all my mates that i'm finally enjoying being a Villa fan again because a 0-4 drubbing would be an unthinkable disaster instead of par for the course against midtable opposition.

I'd like to go straight up, but this has been my favourite season as a Villa fan since MON left.

Hating every second in the Championship.

The football is awful, we are awful, for the most part I can't even see the games as they're not on the telly.

Sure I would enjoy it more if we were performing and winning.

But let's not kid ourselves, we've lost as many as we've won (OK we've won 1 more, big whoop). Most of the time we draw.

We don't even score any goals, only 5 teams have scored fewer goals than us. 28 in 27 is abysmal.

Guess it's nice to be the Man City of the Championship, being able to poach top players from the smaller teams. 

But as soon as you watch a game from the top flight that illusion is destroyed.

• Like 1