The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Also interesting (and not mentioned AFAIK) is that although we are 6 points from the bottom of the playoff places, we are only 8 points from 3rd. All 4 playoff places are up for grabs, rather than just 6th.

Really good point. 

I didn't realise that, I was just focusing on that 6th spot and hadn't really looked above. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Really good point. 

I didn't realise that, I was just focusing on that 6th spot and hadn't really looked above. 

Me neither! Looked at the table today and realised we're only 8 points off Reading in 3rd!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Ah balls. 

Well, gap stays at 6. 

Derby failing to beat Wigan at home too. I wonder if their fans are calling it the worst football they've ever seen. 

Huddersfield not beating Blackburn this season....relegate them.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Me neither! Looked at the table today and realised we're only 8 points off Reading in 3rd!

And we beat Reading ;)

playoffs are really wide open for the taking. We just need to kick on now and rack up those wins. 

A good round for us then. We drew with one of the better teams in the division but didn't lose any ground on the teams above us, allowing for the fact Reading and Fulham are now a game behind (though they can't both win it of course). 

Would have been nice to have won it but que sera. Not the doomsday scenario predicted. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

maybe but it puts Preston on the same points as us and NOrwich will go over us with a win.

forget that Wednesday just equalised :P

Although it's not happened yet, I'm not too fussed whether Preston are on the same points or not. We should be looking up, not hoping to solidify 10th place. 

• Like 2

When things will get exciting is if we win enough games to go into the position of leapfrogging our opponents in the table when we beat them!

(Obviously not playing leapfrog on the pitch)

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

I predict come end of Jan

Fulham, Barnsley, Norwich &SHA will have fallen away leavin 8 teams left at the top

a 4pts gap

Toon BHA

Reading Hudds, Leeds ShefW Derby & AVFC

Hudds to drop off sometime in March

Lets hope Reading through Stams inexperience

and McShteeeeev "losing it" for Derby again sometime in April

Please give us 2 from ShefW/Reading & Derby in the Playoffs

Edited by Grasshopper