January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

Bedau, Barrow and Rhodes would be a great finish to the window. Hopefully Swansea will take McCormack in p/x for Barrow but given the fact that doesn't want to live in Birmingham I'd be mightily surprised if he'd move to Swansea. Maybe Ayew is off as, to be honest, his wages are likely to be very high for a Championship player.

2 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

That's a bizarre way of looking at things. Should Chelsea have sold Hazard and Costa and signed lesser players just because they had a bad season last term? Doesn't the fact that whether he's in the team or not, and we still look shit, point to a problem with the team and not one individual? Don't really understand this idea he does nothing, he's one of the least of our problems. He ranks pretty highly in pretty everything for this team.

Goals - 6th
Assists - 2nd
Key passes per game - 2nd
Passing completion - 1st
Dribbles per game - 1st
Fouls won per game - 2nd
Tackles per game - 3rd
Interceptions - 8th

Then of course the eye test, it's easy to see when you watch our games that he's technically better than pretty much anyone in the side - Grealish and McCormack the only ones that come close IMO. But for whatever reason, these 3 hardly seem to get a chance to play near each other, so yes while I agree Ayew holds on to the ball for too long at times, his ability to beat a man and play a good pass are obvious to see. One of the main reasons he doesn't play it earlier is because there's no movement. My dad's mate that sits by us can't stand him, constantly telling him to play it quicker - what, to Westwood who's sitting 15 yards back and inside? Yeah, that's great. God forbid we have a player who wants to try and do something forward thinking.

Comparing Ayew to Hazard? 

tumblr_lflxjcyCoj1qduqpt.gif

You lost me right there mate. If I were a forward at any level and had those stats I'd pack it in pronto, they're nothing to write home about.

24 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I like how Bruce said at the start of the window that we would only make 2 or 3 additions and has now decided to buy the entire league! :D

From the Martin O'Neill vocabulary of "one or two, possibly"

22 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I like how Bruce said at the start of the window that we would only make 2 or 3 additions and has now decided to buy the entire league! :D

Yes,  I said right at the start I liked how we were playing it,  he categorically said he wasn't interested in Rhodes and how January was tough and we may not do much business. They totally played it down.  Some people got jumpy at that but I thought it was all poker face. 

I still think we will get Rhodes as well,  just biding our time pretending nonchalance,  other names cropping up in the press.