January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

Is Ulloa really that much better than Gestede? 

I mean, stick decent crosses into Ulloa and he will get goals, I'm sure Gestede would have too. Problem is we seem incapable of putting in decent crosses.

I'd be disappointed with Ulloa, but I do rate him as a player, just not sure he's what we need.

4 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Again I get your point but there's a reason some players rise to greatness and others fade away, Ayew while having ability doesn't have the mentality and will fade away into obscurity.

I agree Tommo.

• Like 1

Just now, Eastie said:

Hoping we seal this today even though he won't be able to play till tomorrow - I'd rather Bruce concentrated on tomorrow's game without any need to try and sign players tomorrow- lots of games in the top 2 leagues tomorrow so I guess a lot of deals will be pushed through today .

Yeah exactly my thoughts Eastie, would much rather him be working with the players we have right now than having to haggle over a few quid (I know he doesn't haggle directly but I'd imagine he has some input) for a player that may or may not be coming. A bit odd that there's a full fixture list on deadline day, surly they could move the fixtures back a day?

10 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Realistic forwards available 

Ulloa? Solanke? Jay Rodriguez? Mame Biram Diouf? Benik Afobe? 

For me he's not realistic.

6 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

None of the names mentioned feel like a "big signing". I'll wager it'll be someone foreign. Might already be playing in China.

Good call. 

Gyan was in the country in August and nearly signed for Fulham, IIRC. 

Gyan, Sakho or Arouna Kone (not sure if the latter qualifies as a big name, mind) would be my names to throw in.