January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

38 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Sheffield Wednesday never have been nor never will be a better option than Aston Villa. That's a bit like saying Nora Batty would be a better shag than Cameron Diaz! :P

I bet Nora would be dirty though....... 

Just now, sidcow said:

Why on earth would you hope that?  He's only 26.

My hope is he comes here and spends the next 5 years scoring 25 goals a season,  like he has done most of his career before joining Middlesbrough.  That seems a much better thing to hope for? 

Because I hope we don't remain long term in the Championship.

And I don't think Rhodes will ever be good enough to be a productive starter in a PL-team.

Of course he could do a Vardy, stranger things have happened. I just don't think it's very likely in Rhodes case.

Long term I hope we get better than someone who struggles to get into the Scotland side.

Short term he'd be an OK rotation option to Kodija, if the price is right.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sne said:

And I don't think Rhodes will ever be good enough to be a productive starter in a PL-team.

Of course he could do a Vardy, stranger things have happened. I just don't think it's very likely in Rhodes case.

Long term I hope we get better than someone who struggles to get into the Scotland side.

Ross McCormack says hi. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChristchurchVillan said:

Sure Rhodes will by default be better than Ross simply by showing up :)

But another example of a player who didn't have what it takes to make it at a higher level.

Fwiw I was skeptical towards the signing of McCormack.

25 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Gaby would probably say to Cameron Diaz.

"Now watch this lovey" then go to town on Nora

I'm probably late to the party and have missed an earlier post but why do you call him Gaby?

Just curious like.

8 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

So his big Bro' can read him a bed time story and tuck him in at night? That should cheer him up...right?;)

I don't get it. Swansea to London is a much longer drive than Birmingham to London. Wouldn't West Ham get pissed? 

EDIT: I got you before your edit ^_^

Edited by praisedmambo

1 hour ago, sne said:

1 hour ago, ChristchurchVillan said:

Careful, we wouldn't want Ross to take any ofFENCE would we....:D 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

Well in that case I'd have to say that I hope Kodjia isn't a long term option. A very limited footballer that would really struggle in the Premier League.

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I hope this doesn't start off an elonGATEd punathon. 

After we were releGATEd I felt good seeing the signings we had congreGATEd  , but this Ross misdemeanour has opened the floodGATEs for those wishing to mitiGATE . 

Therefore I felt obliGATEd to reply . 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Well in that case I'd have to say that I hope Kodjia isn't a long term option. A very limited footballer that would really struggle in the Premier League.

He may look better with better players around him - he is still relatively new to the club and will get better in my opinion.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

When/if we are promoted I hope we have someone better than Kodija as our main striker in the PL.

Don't agree he's very limited or would really struggle thou. A bit one dimensional and selfish in the wrong way (poor vision and "head down")

But I think he'd be an OK rotation option.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

Sheffield Wednesday never have been nor never will be a better option than Aston Villa. That's a bit like saying Nora Batty would be a better shag than Cameron Diaz! :P

But if you took her for a drink on Tuesday, you'd be making love by Wednesday......