January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Personally, I would make a play for Ulloa. He's the player Gestede wishes he was. Big, strong, fantastic in the air, has scored goals at this level and gives us a different option than what we currently have. 

We have players who can deliver a ball now, we even have a couple of wingers, we should perhaps sign somebody who can do something with that?

It would rely on Leicester getting another striker according to Ranieri. I've no idea what kind of player they are targeting so I can't really comment on how likely that is, but it could well be a deadline day deal. If not, perhaps we could persuade them to loan him to us? 

This, very much this. 

19 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Anyone else miss the excitement of hearing from thetrees where Randy's jet is? 

Makes me misty eyed with nostalgia. 

Yeah. Really rude of Gestede and his family not to stay in touch after their move up north. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Anyone else miss the excitement of hearing from thetrees where Randy's jet is? 

Makes me misty eyed with nostalgia. 

Some part of me does yeah, but then the other part of me is sad about how it all came to an end.

Alan Nixon just tweeted about Forest signing an English center mid on loan from the championship. Could Westwood or Gardner be leaving us on loan?? I hope so.

Edit- He said that they have inquired about Tshibola

Edited by Villaphan04
new info

Just now, Villaphan04 said:

Alan Nixon just tweeted about Forest signing an English center mid on loan from the championship. Could Westwood or Gardner be leaving us on loan?? I hope so.

Tshibola has been mentioned and I can see it being a good move for all parties

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah. Really rude of Gestede and his family not to stay in touch after their move up north. 

Nope,  looked at this upside down,  backwards and sideways.  Someone is going to have to enlighten me. . If JAMAICAN-VILLAN likes it I want in!

4 hours ago, DevonVilla said:

Being Exeter based I watch a lot of City games and I'd be delighted if he came to Villa, very talented kid and getting better and better.

last weeks highlights sum him up 3 assists and you won't see many better than the first, that touch!

Good little player, certainly knows what to do with the ball going forward

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Nope,  looked at this upside down,  backwards and sideways.  Someone is going to have to enlighten me. . If JAMAICAN-VILLAN likes it I want in!

I am guessing that Gestede is known as a tree for his lack of movement up front, therefore his family are the trees. That is my take on it. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Tshibola has been mentioned and I can see it being a good move for all parties

I like Forest, but not sure we should be giving them one of our better midfielders (by default, rather than because he's been outstanding for us TBF).

With the two we have signed recently, we should be covered for creativity and guile.  Tish provides the physicality.  And whilst he is a work in progress, his distribution is already better than Jedinak's.

Got the feeling Bruce didn't really rate Tshibola. With the new recruits I can see him falling further down the order so I think a loan is probably good for him and us.

If not Tshibola I'd let them have Gary Gardner and hope that can turn into a perm transfer in the summer.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tony said:

don't know if this has gone a miss or people want to ignore it and hope for it to go away. But our Tony's following Alex bruce too 

I'd rather have Alex Bruce than Micah Richards as back up 

if we could organise that, it would be great

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

52 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I am guessing that Gestede is known as a tree for his lack of movement up front, therefore his family are the trees. That is my take on it. 

Nothing groundbreaking @sidcow. That is it. Lol

• Like 1