Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

52 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Anyone else think that Lansbury would be well suited to playing in the hole behind Hogan, with Kodjia out wide left and Adomah wide right? Jedinak can do the defensive cover role with Hourihane being the fetching and carrying midfielder. 

suityou.gif.gif

Will be interested to see what changes Bruce makes - the emphasis has to be on getting more attacking players in the team. We don't need 5 defenders (and defensive minded ones at that) at home in the Championship.

Let's take the game to the opposition and let them worry about us.

• Like 1

Just now, Brumstopdogs said:

Will be interested to see what changes Bruce makes - the emphasis has to be on getting more attacking players in the team. We don't need 5 defenders (and defensive minded ones at that) at home in the Championship.

Let's take the game to the opposition and let them worry about us.

Exactly. We shouldn't play as though we're afraid of the opposition. Give them fear, Trump style.

7 hours ago, Farlz said:

I don't think we'll be seeing the 433. Pretty sure Bruce said once he signed Hogan that anything we use now will consist of 2 strikers, which is why I reckon he'll revert to the 442.

4-4-2 has disaster written all over it

• Like 2

14 hours ago, sne said:

I think it would have been exciting to have seen the 3-5-2 if set up to attack and dominate. Sadly this was never going to happen under Bruce or with Hutton and Taylor as the wide options.

All out attack with Adomah on the right and Amavi on the left and taking it to the opponents. Most teams in this league will IMO cope badly when put under pressure, but we choose to sit deep with everyone except the attackers which makes us too stretched and harmless even if we manage to win the ball.

Not sure any formation will make any difference as the general approach is way too cautious and we attack with too few people.

I'm not sure any change in formation will make much difference either.

dominating the ball, comes from application, desire and grit.....not necessarily how you are set up.

when players are not winning challenges and subsequently the ball, there is a tendency to double up, when players come to aid and thats where we are losing our team balance.....players have to learn to win their own individual battles and then impose themselves on the game.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

So if the modern football manager doesnt take an active role in coaching and tactics ....what is his role?

I think its not SB that is the real problem its the coaching staff.....AVFC need to look at what is happening, why are players being played out of their natural position and not playing to their strengths?

Current form of the 92 league clubs Leicester are in 92 position and we are in 91st position. This is by any stretch of the imagination totally unexceptable.

Maybe it is the weight of expectation of playing/coaching/managing a huge club like us is just too much of a burden .....if it is what is the answer?

5 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

So if the modern football manager doesnt take an active role in coaching and tactics ....what is his role?

I think its not SB that is the real problem its the coaching staff.....AVFC need to look at what is happening, why are players being played out of their natural position and not playing to their strengths?

Current form of the 92 league clubs Leicester are in 92 position and we are in 91st position. This is by any stretch of the imagination totally unexceptable.

Maybe it is the weight of expectation of playing/coaching/managing a huge club like us is just too much of a burden .....if it is what is the answer?

Leicester have the same problem as Villa, too many players on massive contracts that don't give two shits

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â