Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

4 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

To be honest, despite me often criticising him, I thought he could have landed a ready made championship job. 

Of course I’m sure Blackpool are making it worth his while.

Based on what? We got 30 year olds been given jobs now. I wouldn't let shit for brains run a bath.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Based on what? We got 30 year olds been given jobs now. I wouldn't let shit for brains run a bath.

Based on the career of Steve Bruce. 

I didn’t say he would be deserving of a championship job, I said he could land one. He didn’t deserve a premier league job after us and doing middling stuff with Wednesday, but whatdoyaknow, he got one anyway.

5 hours ago, sne said:

Since it's Blackpool by the sea it feel like a missed opportunity to not use one of his more aquatic pictures. "Here to make a splash" or some such.

Steve Bruce shows a lot of front as the Hull manager holidays with pal Alan  Shearer | Daily Mail Online

That buoy is funny looking. And so is the floaty thing next to him!

9 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Steve Bruce has no business managing at any level nowadays.

Imagine you're a player. Looking to improve. Kick on. Develop...and you hear Steve Bruce is your new bloody gaffer.

Heard him interviewed on Talksport. Said the sporting director at Blackpool was someone he worked with here (didn't catch the name) and one of the chief scouts was someone he had at Sheff Weds so very much a "who you know" appointment.

People forget how bad he was at West Brom. Left them right at the bottom after 10 games. Corberan gets them straight away back into play off contention.

I'm just amazed he's come out of retirement for a mid table league one gig, is it really worth it given his age? It's exactly the same as Ashley Young still plugging away at the premier league when he's way off it and should've retired in the summer.

6 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

To be honest, despite me often criticising him, I thought he could have landed a ready made championship job. 

Are the Oystons still in charge? They sound like complete penny pinchers

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Heard him interviewed on Talksport. Said the sporting director at Blackpool was someone he worked with here (didn't catch the name) and one of the chief scouts was someone he had at Sheff Weds so very much a "who you know" appointment.

People forget how bad he was at West Brom. Left them right at the bottom after 10 games. Corberan gets them straight away back into play off contention.

I'm just amazed he's come out of retirement for a mid table league one gig, is it really worth it given his age? It's exactly the same as Ashley Young still plugging away at the premier league when he's way off it and should've retired in the summer.

Think he worked in scouting/youth departments with us

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Are the Oystons still in charge? They sound like complete penny pinchers

I didn’t know myself so looked it up, it appears after the club went into receivership, Owen Oyston was removed from the board and the receiver then discharged his assets, including the club. Since 2019, Simon Sadler owns just over 96% of the club, Bruce is apparently Sadler’s sixth managerial appointment in that time.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, AXD said:

I agree. A club in league one is his level. Rooney, Lampard or Gerrard have fewer managerial credentials yet still aim for premier league or top championship jobs.

Based on how he did at Blues and how Argyle are performing, I'm thinking Rooney is actually aiming for League One too.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, sne said:

And he never forgets to batten down the hatches which with rising sea levels is very important.

tbf in this country we do have a less than unblemished record with this sort of thing

SU-34-zeebrugge-AFP.jpg?width=1200

• Shocked 1

On 04/09/2024 at 11:26, Mark Albrighton said:

I think his West Brom stint has laid that to rest for the foreseeable future at least, thankfully. The Championship has finally outgrown the need for Steve Bruce. Wouldn't be surprised if League One shortly follows.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I think his West Brom stint has laid that to rest for the foreseeable future at least, thankfully. The Championship has finally outgrown the need for Steve Bruce. Wouldn't be surprised if League One shortly follows.

Yeah possibly. I just can’t underestimate the naivety of club owners who will believe in the “well he knows the division”, he’s a “football man” etc mantra.  

On 04/09/2024 at 20:55, Mark Albrighton said:

Based on the career of Steve Bruce. 

I didn’t say he would be deserving of a championship job, I said he could land one. He didn’t deserve a premier league job after us and doing middling stuff with Wednesday, but whatdoyaknow, he got one anyway.

He failed at Albion, so I don't think its unfair that his next job is a wrung lower down. If he did a good job for  them  like perhaps  play off spot then maybe he could geta  championship job again. But I think things are moving on and the old guard like Bruce, Fat Sam,  Colin, Pulis, Mark Hughes are seen as yesterdays men.

I remember people would get offended and defend him as not a dinosaur

I dread to wonder what happens if he sneaks past Fulham in 2018. I think we would have went down with a Derbyesque total while not getting bought later that summer and being ruined

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

He failed at Albion, so I don't think its unfair that his next job is a wrung lower down. If he did a good job for  them  like perhaps  play off spot then maybe he could geta  championship job again. But I think things are moving on and the old guard like Bruce, Fat Sam,  Colin, Pulis, Mark Hughes are seen as yesterdays men.

He won't though. I'm genuinely staggered a league one club has given him a job.

On 05/09/2024 at 12:22, HanoiVillan said:

tbf in this country we do have a less than unblemished record with this sort of thing

SU-34-zeebrugge-AFP.jpg?width=1200

Never thought i'd see a MS Herald of Free Enterprise reference in the Steve Bruce thread.

This place always surprises me! 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â