Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Bielsa flavour of the month :lol:

He's your favorite manager's favorite manager. He's not Garry Monk or Frank Lampard.

What's flavour of the month is to assume his career highlights consist of lunacy and walking out on clubs!

I've wanted Bielsa as our manager for the better part of a decade.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yeah, let's get Benitez in and when we do go up we can look forward to 18% possession at home to Chelsea. 

Ah now, what did Rafa do in this division though?

Steamrollered it and won the league.

It's easier to play and score down here. We should be enjoying ourselves watching something that resembles football in our position.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Off topic, but **** me is that meme doing the rounds. I hadn’t seen it at all until this year, but it’s seemingly used for everything.

For the record, I prefer his girlfriend he’s not paying attention to as at least she’s in focus.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, vreitti said:

At least there would be a chance we actually do go up.

Don't talk such nonsense!

How many promotions has Benitez got? Bruce has 4 and he is the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be!

Edited by jim
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

If you enjoy what you're watching, there's no problem? You should be looking forward to another new season. We're picking up points already.

Is this black and white VT again?

I enjoyed last season. There was a problem in that it wasn't good enough to go up.

Roughly 20 players in and 30 something out counting loans, contracts running out and already pre-determined transfers since Bruce arrived.

Considering he's not had millions to spend that is quite the turnover.

Not saying it's a good or bad thing, but it does indicate we have trouble managing to create a settled team.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Ah now, what did Rafa do in this division though?

Steamrollered it and won the league.

Exactly!             ... that's no use to us. 

We need a manager that will get us there or thereabouts. 

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Haha 1

@sne including loans and loan returns - 

1st season - 7 in, 7 out

2nd season - 9 in, 13 out

3rd season - 6 in, 10 out

the most telling thing for me is he's signed 3 RBs to add to hutton and de laet, we have 5 of them on the books (not sure what we class richards as anymore...) 1 LB and 2 CBs, he's also signed 6 central midfielders (1 on loan) we currently have 8 CMs registered to the first team, the balance of our squad is shocking

Edited by villa4europe
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

@sne including loans and loan returns - 

1st season - 7 in, 7 out

2nd season - 9 in, 13 out

3rd season - 6 in, 10 out

the most telling thing for me is he's signed 3 RBs to add to hutton and de laet, we have 5 of them on the books (not sure what we class richards as anymore...) 1 LB and 2 CBs, he's also signed 6 central midfielders (1 on loan) we currently have 8 CMs registered to the first team, the balance of our squad is shocking

But they are all versatile..

We have had defenders as strikers, Central midfielders as defenders, centre backs playing at RB etc.

It looks well balanced to me, I don't know what you're talking about!

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, sne said:

Roughly 20 players in and 30 something out counting loans, contracts running out and already pre-determined transfers since Bruce arrived.

Considering he's not had millions to spend that is quite the turnover.

Not saying it's a good or bad thing, but it does indicate we have trouble managing to create a settled team.

"Well you know, we've a way to go yet, people think I have had millions but that simply isn't true. Look, it's a big club, big expectations go with that, I know that, and we are looking at bringing in players who can deal with that. We've a way to go. Look, when I arrived our remit was just to survive in the league, we've done that, but we are looking to try and kick on now. It's a job, it's a big job and there's nobody more up to the task that me, we are trying to find a balance, it's tough when you are taking over a team used to losing, we are working on getting a few more in to make us competitive, we're playing catch up at the minute, all I ask is for fans to be patient."

"...but Steve, what do you say to the people who state it's 2024 and you've been saying this for the past 6 years?"

"Well you know, we've a way to go yet, people think I have had millions but that simply isn't true. Look, it's a big club, big expectations go with that, I know that, and we are looking at bringing in players who can deal with that. We've a way to go. Look, when I arrived our remit was just to survive in the league, we've done that, but we are looking to try and kick on now. It's a job, it's a big job and there's nobody more up to the task that me, we are trying to find a balance, it's tough when you are taking over a team used to losing, we are working on getting a few more in to make us competitive, we're playing catch up at the minute, all I ask is for fans to be patient."

• Haha 2

Just now, rodders0223 said:

"...but Steve, what do you say to the people who state it's 2024 and you've been saying this for the past 6 years?"

2024 will be a huge season for Big Mile.

having a proper look on wiki, we have 28 players registered and 2 unregistered 

GKs - 4

RBs - 5 (inc axel seeing as thats where he's playing)

CBs - 3 (inc jedinak)

LBs - 1

CMs - 8 

Wingers - 3

Strikers - 4

with then mccormack and richards as the unregistered 2, o'hare still listed as academy

thats crazy, we dont have back up for our LB, each of our CBs or each of our wingers, we cover them with square pegs instead

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Ah shit yeah, I keep forgetting how far off promotion we were last season, silly me.

we were 100% off promotion.  None of us.  Zero promotion.  That was the (previously lowered) benchmark.  Close counts for Sh#$t in this particular detail.

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

having a proper look on wiki, we have 28 players registered and 2 unregistered 

GKs - 4

RBs - 5 (inc axel seeing as thats where he's playing)

CBs - 3 (inc jedinak)

LBs - 1

CMs - 8 

Wingers - 3

Strikers - 4

with then mccormack and richards as the unregistered 2, o'hare still listed as academy

thats crazy, we dont have back up for our LB, each of our CBs or each of our wingers, we cover them with square pegs instead

It's not like we haven't tried to sign a LB, but for Fulham we'd have (arguably) a very good one, no point in buying someone just for the sake of it and whether you or others like it or not, players can play in different positions, it's really not that unusual a thing.

Shit, I remember Dion Dublin playing centre back the best part of 20 years ago, Chris Sutton, started as a centre back and converted to striker, as with everything it gets blown out of proportion round here to suit particular populist narratives.

2 hours ago, jim said:

Don't talk such nonsense!

How many promotions has Benitez got? Bruce has 4 and he is the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be!

Bret Hart would probably do a better job than Bruce 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â