Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

15 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

'Could you imagine how much better we'd be doing if we had a Manager who knows what they're doing'

I mean seriously, 5 wins 1 draw and 1 defeat from the last 7 games is a joke, isn't it?!

BFHV

You refuse to see

1 - over a year to get us playing some kind of conceptual football that could be relied one to give us a good chance of promotion with the recources he has at his disposal.

2 - an attitude of going for a win every game - as we will need to win half of our games or more (H & A) to achieve a pts total to get us up.

Now being top 6 is all well and good for some, but going to PNE to not lose and coming back with a „good point away from home against a good side- PNE ffs“ may just throw us us out of the top 6 ( a defeat - more than likely).

Playing catch-up only means something if and when you actually catch up. Not before or failing to do so.

11 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Classic classy Trump like verbiage. Deflect, deny, ignore and instead of engaging, simply repeat the intended message. It's utterly charmless. 

said the very one who has „had enough“ of my reasonings.

All of of a sudden you want a debate?

ok debate this then.

I want Bruce out because:

I dont think he‘ll get us promoted because

his results so far and the defensive hoofball he implements on the squad of players we have, forcing many of the 1st 11 from game to game to be playing either out of position or not to their strengths meaning he hangs individual players and thus the team out to dry, restricting our overall quality of players, who many of them are from a division above our current one added to players bought who were the best performers in this division, to lower levels of performances and mistakes.

Bruce Out

• Like 1

Just now, Grasshopper said:

You 3 for a start ^ ^ ^

Wrong. 

As is so often the case with people who are blinded by their absolute certainty, you fail to, or more likely refuse to, see the nuance in what others say who don't absolutely agree with you.

It's been pointed out to you more than once that most people on here see Bruce's flaws and there aren't any who offer their unquestioning support. 

Tro was probably his most staunch defender, but even he, like the rest of us only did so on the basis that the position, his position, the team's position, was not black and white.

But you don't think that way or talk that way do you? You accuse and create adversaries. It's irritating. Just like your unreadable paragraph length sentences.

Balance in.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Wrong. 

As is so often the case with people who are blinded by their absolute certainty, you fail to, or more likely refuse to, see the nuance in what others say who don't absolutely agree with you.

It's been pointed out to you more than once that most people on here see Bruce's flaws and there aren't any who offer their unquestioning support. 

Tro was probably his most staunch defender, but even he, like the rest of us only did so on the basis that the position, his position, the team's position, was not black and white.

But you don't think that way or talk that way do you? You accuse and create adversaries. It's irritating. Just like your unreadable paragraph length sentences.

Balance in.

wrong

13 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Wrong. 

Balance in.

Excellent attempt to explain this point for about the 5 billionth time.

You have a lot more patience than me!

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see how we set up once our players are starting to come back from injuries.

Can't see Snodgrass being benched and Adomah is possibly our most threatening player (albeit a bit on and off)

Grealish was supposed to be THE focal point for our attack before he got injured and Green is really promising and looked dangerous before his injury.

Kodija has been a disappointment  so far but he'll continue to start surely.

I imagine it will be a 4-5-1/4-2-3-1 thing for us to have as many of our best players on the pitch at the same time without having to play the out of position and by this be able to play a more creative football and not having to resort to hoofing.

Snodgrass and Grealish competing for a central spot while Green is on the left and Adomah on the right should work? Hourihane/Jedi/Whelan/Lansbury/O'Hare competing for the 2 (or 3 depending on opposition) CM spots.

Don't really see the need to retain Onomah after new year. He's a talent but not quite ready yet as a DCM  and not skilled enough for a ACM. Of course we are always going to have injuries...

Competition for places is good if handled correctly, but we are going to have quite a few very expensive players on the bench and in the stands any given week.

Spoiled for choice and we might have to loan out or get rid of a few if possible.

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

We can scarcely afford to not go up this season. Chickens will well and truly come home to roost if we don't go up. Life will get very difficult indeed.

Its most likely going to come down to the lottery of the playoffs in all honesty. I'm 100% certain we will be behind Wolves at the end of the season and probably at least a few other teams.

3 hours ago, briny_ear said:

I think the “long term plan” is just to get results, isn’t it, like every other manager of a football team? So on that basis you should be happier than you seem to be.

Long term plans are for people like Tony Xia and Keith Wyness. If a manager is getting the team to play winning football I don’t think any more can be asked of him.

My concern with Bruce, like every one else’s I suspect, is whether we are  winning quite enough matches. Quite soon we need to go on a long, consistent run where we win most of our matches. We look quite close to that but it has yet to gel in quite the way we need.

I too am concerned about that.

I accept from the Brouters that poor performances will eventually catch up with you.

I see players having quite noticable form dips from game to game which troubles me and during those dips the control of the football goes missing or the ability to move away from an opponent and put them on the back foot is redundant.

If we continue with the low grade football we are offering, suspensions and injuries will be prevalent.....WE HAVE TO LEARN TO MOVE THE BALL....and let the ball do more work and US less work.

If we have the players we say we have, this should not be too much trouble.....but its like watching an old man do up his shoes laces on a freezing morning or a fisherman retrieving a fish from his keep net with soapy hands.

Its **** poor control of the ball for the reputations they have.....they should hang their heads.....Thats players,coaches, Manager....they are all in it together.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Wrong. 

Balance in.

Give this man a medal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

Its most likely going to come down to the lottery of the playoffs in all honesty. I'm 100% certain we will be behind Wolves at the end of the season and probably at least a few other teams.

I don't.

I could be just as wrong as I could be right but I'd be surprised if Sheff Utd, Bristol City and Cardiff maintain their pace and positions.

Wolves may be tough to catch and surpassing Leeds won't be easy, Norwich are looking pretty strong too and I'd expect them to be up there.

I think that will be the final top 4 (Villa, Wolves, Leeds and Norwich), in which order though who knows!

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Excellent attempt to explain this point for about the 5 billionth time.

You have a lot more patience than me!

These brout'ers don't know how good they've got it. 

Us brin'ers need a voice....a leader....I think you're the man to lead us briny....it's like you've always been destined for this moment.

Brinys brin'ers

I'll get me coat :blush:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Will be interesting to see how we set up once our players are starting to come back from injuries.

Can't see Snodgrass being benched and Adomah is possibly our most threatening player (albeit a bit on and off)

Grealish was supposed to be THE focal point for our attack before he got injured and Green is really promising and looked dangerous before his injury.

Kodija has been a disappointment  so far but he'll continue to start surely.

I imagine it will be a 4-5-1/4-2-3-1 thing for us to have as many of our best players on the pitch at the same time without having to play the out of position and by this be able to play a more creative football and not having to resort to hoofing.

Snodgrass and Grealish competing for a central spot while Green is on the left and Adomah on the right should work? Hourihane/Jedi/Whelan/Lansbury/O'Hare competing for the 2 (or 3 depending on opposition) CM spots.

Don't really see the need to retain Onomah after new year. He's a talent but not quite ready yet as a DCM  and not skilled enough for a ACM. Of course we are always going to have injuries...

Competition for places is good if handled correctly, but we are going to have quite a few very expensive players on the bench and in the stands any given week.

Spoiled for choice and we might have to loan out or get rid of a few if possible.

Bruce will not have a clue who to pick. Thor takes a spot on the bench and is hopeless. Yesterday we ended up with Hogan LM surely if you put someone on the bench you have to have confidence in using them. Jedinak and Whelan will probably be our midfield now which isn't ideal as neither can create. I just hope he gives Davis and Hogan a run together as a partnership. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â