Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

That's the thing with official club statements, they are short and dignified. It does my head in.

For once, can't a club release a statement going on record how shite a job they believe the current manager did, and how they are livid the cretin just hung about for the payday, leaving them no choice.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

If that future includes him returning to VP with another team he'll get a decent reception from at least my seat in the Holte.

Will probably ask if you can play RB?

Seriously though it's the right decision. I posted earlier if he had still been in charge for the Millwall game then there was every chance that the atmosphere would turn toxic if Villa conceded early. The Millwall fans would have also taken the Mickey. This has now been averted.

I'm in no doubt he tried his best in getting Villa back where they belong but ultimately his best is no longer good enough.

• Like 1

I applaud those being magnanimous on here, personally I feel he failed at every level.  Round and Bruce were responsible for two things, getting the club back to the premier league and developing the “Villa Engine”.  In both instances they totally failed despite having a budget the envy of most Championship clubs.

For those who think he steadied the ship. I disagree, we are just as rudderless and lost as we were when he came in.  We will never know but my gut tells me we would have done better with RDM being given the time Bruce was afforded.  Our squad is imbalanced and planned on the back of a fag packet, we have to rebuild AGAIN!

We know start again having wasted numerous millions and two years on dross.  Meanwhile, Wolves and Fulham have shown us how it should have been done, it really isn’t rocket science.

Thanks for nothing Steve.

Edited by macandally
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Can everyone please just remember that Steve Bruce is a human being who lost both his parents in quick succession less than a year ago. https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-boss-steve-bruce-14327932

There's no need to keep sticking the boot in.

Feel sorry for him but we all have personal lives and jobs. His family bereavements are separate to his job as manager at Villa. You can concurrently feel sorry for him on a personal level and thank **** to the almighty heavens of McGrath that the spud has gone!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, macandally said:

I applaud those being magnanimous on here, personally I feel he failed at every level.  Stride and Bruce were responsible for two things, getting the club back to the premier league and developing the “Villa Engine”.  In both instances they totally failed despite having a budget the envy of most Championship clubs.

For those who think he steadied the ship. I disagree, we are just as rudderless and lost as we were when he came in.  We will never know but my gut tells me we would have done better with RDM being given the time Bruce was afforded.  Our squad is imbalanced and planned on the back of a fag packet, we have to rebuild AGAIN!

We know start again having wasted numerous millions and two years on dross.  Meanwhile, Wolves and Fulham have shown us how it should have been done, it really isn’t rocket science.

Thanks for nothing Steve.

Round & Bruce

(& Wyness).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Can everyone please just remember that Steve Bruce is a human being who lost both his parents in quick succession less than a year ago. https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-boss-steve-bruce-14327932

There's no need to keep sticking the boot in.

I lost my brother 2 years ago at the relatively young (for modern times) age of 52. I didn't use it as an excuse for f****** up my job and I would expect no sympathy from an employer for total under achievement. Yes it's sad but shit happens and life goes on!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â