Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

43 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Come on mate, find even one post where somebody said that. Biesla is massively rated in the game and the new owners at Leeds did very well to get him. 

Look for yourself.  It’s there

44 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Who dismissed him? Was it the same people that are now saying Jack Grealish is crap?

Are some actually saying that ? My mom  always warned me about the " fickle " .

Edited by sheepyvillian

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

Look for yourself.  It’s there

I remember people posting he is a liability based on his recent appointments. Fair comments considering. 

But I can’t remember anybody saying Bruce is a better manager. There was maybe the odd post.

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

Are some actually saying that ? My mom also always warned me about the " fickle " .

Ok maybe not to that extent but there are posts in the Grealish thread that show one or two have turned on him. 

Point being you will always have the odd posters that tend to go against the majority. 

So if anyone said Bruce is a better manager then the Leeds chap. I bet they were in the minority.

Football is all about winning.

• Biesla in his last spell of over a hundred games was with Athletico Bilbao and had a win ratio of 38%
  • Steve Bruce has a current win ratio of 47% with us.

I am not saying Bruce is a better manager......but draw your own conclusions.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

• Biesla in his last spell of over a hundred games was with Athletico Bilbao and had a win ratio of 38%

No he certainly isn't, doubt eve Alex Bruce would suggest he is.

FWIW career win % 38 Bruce, 44% Bielsa.

But since Bielsa has been working at a much higher level it's pretty pointless.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sne said:

No he certainly isn't, doubt eve Alex Bruce would suggest he is.

FWIW career win % 38 Bruce, 44% Bielsa.

But since Bielsa has been working at a much higher level it's pretty pointless.

Which is even easier to get wins, with better players.

he has only had 26 games in the last 5 years......and no where near the amount of games bruce has presided over.....800 odd v 500 odd.

He has made a great start.....its just a start.

and how about Dinosaur Pulis.....who is on the same points.

Its much too early to start proclaiming conclusive arguments.

28 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I'll put it this way, how they dismissed isn't important. Satisfied ?

No.

someone dismissing Bielsa for a legitimate reason is completely understandable. They might still end up right. But even if they’re not then at least they have a sound reason for their argument. 

Someone dismissing Bielsa for something irrelevant like his World Cup performance isn’t worth listening to. 

Just now, TRO said:

he has only had 26 games in the last 5 years......and no where near the amount of games bruce has presided over.....800 odd v 500 odd.

If you factor in the transfer restrictions at Bilbao and the opposition in that league the picture gets a bit clearer.

Bielsa vs Bruce is like Hierro vs Ciaran Clark. There is just no comparison, none.

Doesn't mean Bielsa will be a long term success at Leeds, the guy's nuts and ridiculously demanding.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

No.

someone dismissing Bielsa for a legitimate reason is completely understandable. They might still end up right. But even if they’re not then at least they have a sound reason for their argument. 

Someone dismissing Bielsa for something irrelevant like his World Cup performance isn’t worth listening to. 

They dismissed his capability to do a job at Leeds . I think their football speaks for itself. We'll visit this debate at a later date. Then we can determine who is right and wrong

I would hazard a guess that most of those that dismissed him hadn't even heard of him.

Edited by sheepyvillian

22 hours ago, AshVilla said:

It won't be long now till he's rattling out the old mass hysteria line again.

Wonder why...

Since the game kicked off on Saturday there have been 400 posts in this thread alone, not to mention the hundreds in pretty much all of the othe threads repeating the same thing over & over again

I don't think you'll ever hear Bruce being respected by other managers in the same esteem as Bielsa. I never thought the day would come when I would be saying that watching Leeds is an absolute pleasure. Yes, it could all go pear shaped, but there's no denying that is some enthralling football. It's little wonder he's considered a legend in the game.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

It's the football people are gushing about, not his win ratio.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I should hope not, you obviously know that's absurd.

Reckon it's harder to win matches in La Liga or The Championship?

Andi Weimann has already scored 5 goals this season. This league is crap. And instead of rising above it, we're wallowing around in it.

• Like 3

The worrying thing for me is Bruce’s tenure is nothing much more than a very thin veneer.  If we are honest, there is no substance to what he is doing, he is basically worming game to game and because there is no real coaching every game is a lottery.  We simply do not know what team will turn up or what the result will be.

Worse still, should Bruce’s 49 man squad of which about 7 are usable go up, our distinct lack of any plan will mean we are highly unlikely to stay up.  We have wasted our best chance of sorting out the crap in this club by appointing a throwback to the 70s.  We haven’t bothered to build for the future, Bruce has gambled and got giddy on managing by his own admission the biggest club he has got involved with.  We have bought in star names, but I would bely anyone to swear that we are a team!!!

i have coached for ten years plus and have had some superbly talented boys play for me who have gone on to academy football, but I always maintain that players do not win things, teams do.  

That is why as much as my heart rejoices at the signing of Bolaise, my head tells me that we will not be going up under Bruce and all we have done is defer our meltdown and losing Jack by 6 to 12 months.  

We as fans deserve better than this charlatan!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TRO said:

That is just a ridiculous statement, I am sure 47% is better than Benitez but are you saying you wouldn’t swap Bruce for him in a heartbeat?

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I should hope not, you obviously know that's absurd.

Reckon it's harder to win matches in La Liga or The Championship?

Andi Weimann has already scored 5 goals this season. This league is crap. And instead of rising above it, we're wallowing around in it.

Nail in head.  Some people have been kidded into Bruce being a saviour because we were so bad!  We made excuses for Bruce while Newcastle smashes the league in the first season, then we whined about transfer windows while Wolves, Cardiff and Fulham smashed it last year.

Wake up and smell the roses, this league is not hard and if we get our shit together we will walk it.  Unfortunately we will not do that under Bruce!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, macandally said:

The worrying thing for me is Bruce’s tenure is nothing much more than a very thin veneer.  If we are honest, there is no substance to what he is doing, he is basically worming game to game and because there is no real coaching every game is a lottery.  We simply do not know what team will turn up or what the result will be.

Worse still, should Bruce’s 49 man squad of which about 7 are usable go up, our distinct lack of any plan will mean we are highly unlikely to stay up.  We have wasted our best chance of sorting out the crap in this club by appointing a throwback to the 70s.  We haven’t bothered to build for the future, Bruce has gambled and got giddy on managing by his own admission the biggest club he has got involved with.  We have bought in star names, but I would bely anyone to swear that we are a team!!!

i have coached for ten years plus and have had some superbly talented boys play for me who have gone on to academy football, but I always maintain that players do not win things, teams do.  

That is why as much as my heart rejoices at the signing of Bolaise, my head tells me that we will not be going up under Bruce and all we have done is defer our meltdown and losing Jack by 6 to 12 months.  

We as fans deserve better than this charlatan!

If we grubbed our way up, it'd be a painful painful few months starting in the PL before he got sacked with us sitting bottom on 2 points.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â